Notices

a lil knowledgeable help

Old 10-08-2009, 05:56 PM
qwietnoize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a lil knowledgeable help

hello i new to the site i generally always own chevys and buicks i recently bought a 1992 acura legend ( kinda a project car id like to fix up ) but i dont know anything about acuras first the speakers in the doors are blown i need to know how i can switch them out i bought an after market head unit installed that and bout speakers that can handle the wattage but i cant find the damn screws to take off the door panels and secondly when i bought the car they were fine now for some reason the back windows wont roll down form the drivers switch or the doors own switches can somebody or bodys help im kinda clueless here thanx in advance
Old 10-23-2009, 05:28 PM
ari_one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can find a lot more info at www.acuralegend.org but here are a few pointers:
1. To remove the panels on a sedan, there are two screws at the bottom of the armrest. Will require a bit longer screwdriver for them. There are also two screws behind the plate inside the handle to open the door. Once those are out the rest of the door is held on by clips and you can just gently pull it off starting from the bottom. Be aware there are cables attached to different parts so don't pull all the way off till you have unhooked them.
2. Window problem is most likely due to the lockout switch on the drivers master switch, it maybe broken as most break and then need to be soldered to be always on or get a new switch.

GL