Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alpine and Warranty

Old 02-19-2003, 06:15 PM
lubs
Jack of few trades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine and Warranty

I bought an Alpine CDA-7894 head unit today, along with an extended warranty. The warranty is for 5 years, should anything go wrong with the head unit it will be replaced by Alpine's current model. The price wasn't too bad for the extra coverage, but now I'm left wondering if it was a waste of money. Seeing that the deck hasn't been delivered, I could get my money back for the warranty. I would like some opinions and advice from Alpine owners on why I should or shouldn't keep it.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:31 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

well, decks can sometimes be tempermental, and if you have one w/motorized faceplate, I think you made a good investment by getting the warranty. Not that I think it's gonna break on you, but just in case it does, you'll be covered:thumbup: You never know man, sh*t happens
Old 02-19-2003, 10:51 PM
r1ch_b

extended warranty is good, but do you need 5 years???
Old 02-20-2003, 10:20 AM
smakdown

Originally posted by r1ch_b
extended warranty is good, but do you need 5 years???
I agree with him, the extended warranty can be very useful in this case but 5 years is a little over doing it. Most people won't even keep the same HU for 5 years. If you can downgrade it to a 2 or 3 year warranty that would be better in my opinion.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:33 AM
lubs
Jack of few trades

It does have a motorized faceplate. The worst thing I could imagine is returning the warranty and needing it one day. As for 5 years, I agree it's kinda long. But they only have one option, and that's a 4 year extension to the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. What's great is, when I sell the deck the warranty transfers with it. I will probably keep the thing a couple of years, I think with a 3 year warranty I shouldn't have a problem selling it. Some people on a car audio board I frequent have suggested I fry the deck after a some time and get a new one, hehehehe.

I've decided to hang on to the warranty.