Notices

car stalled while cruising at 80mph...what the f*ck??

Old 02-17-2003, 08:44 PM
sleekfd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car stalled while cruising at 80mph...what the f*ck??

Hi all today I was driving home while doing about 80mph and all of a sudden car just lost power and when I came to a stop it would just turn but would not fire. Prior to this drive I added a little too much oil but I don't think that would do anything to the car wouldn't it?? The oil indicator light lit up for about 10 minutes before it stalled. Also, I've been having a minor leak visible from the front cover but I really don't think that would cause it to lose power and stall all of a sudden right? The guys from the towing company told me that it could be the timing chain? Is there even a timing chain in this car?? Also, when I finally stopped and popped the hood, there were smoke coming out from under the hood and the car. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with my car??? Any advices or ideas will be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:57 PM
lalopez1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds serious, but mine did the samething and it was the transmission drive shaft that connects to the differential that busted. What year is yours? Check this website out to see if any of the recalls pertain to your car. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/