Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

starter remote battery

Old 02-16-2003, 06:11 PM
lubs
Jack of few trades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter remote battery

It's time to replace the battery in my remote starter. I'm curious if any particular batteries give a better range for the remote? A possibly dumb question, but I thought I'd ask in case there's some battery out there for this purpose.

BTW - It doesn't take the same battery as the Honda key fob, it takes the small cylindrical ones.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:16 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Batteries are batteries. They won't increase range. The range is a function of the transmitting frequency, which is determined by the crystal in the transmitter. If it calls for a 3v, any 3v will do.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:44 PM
lubs
Jack of few trades

Thanks for the reply. I was curious because the range decreased over time, so I thought perhaps a battery which lasts longer would provide a greater range. I guess I'll just get whatever I find.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
94leetlude

i just put a new battery in mine i was wondering what that button in the middle does cause everytime i press it the lights just flash