Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Amp suggestions? For a Alpine 7995 unit...

Old 02-15-2003, 11:58 AM
CapYoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp suggestions? For a Alpine 7995 unit...

well the Alpine 7995 doesn't have any power on its own... so I need an amp. Or something. right? lol.

<--- doesn't know jack s$it about car audio.

in either case any suggestion for an amp? Would like to save money so factor that in... the car the head unit is going into has stock speakers and a subwoofer. had an amp and all that before but some jerks decided to rip them out.

might get new speakers... I dont need to get two amps do I? one for the woofer one for the speakers? last time they got one amp. but I duno.

why are amps so damn expensive? grr.

was going to get the 7897 since u dont need an amp for that... but the 7995 is prettier. lol.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:14 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

yeah i like the 7995
you should check out the new 9815 alpine unit coming out in a couple of days!
its gonna have the ability to download there settings off their website. anyways if you're like me and only use to front two speakers i a car... the usx 2080 is cheap as hell (89.99 on crutchfield) which is good cuz it will come with a 3 year warranty
Old 02-15-2003, 03:38 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

US Acoustics does make decent amps for cheap.. a 3 year warranty proves they are something.

I have an Alpine MRV-F357 5 channel amp for sale... it will run your 4 main speakers and a subwoofer (or 2, depending on the ohms) I'd like to get $275 for it... its in mint shape and barely used.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:24 PM
CapYoda

yeah I'm starting to think I should have wait for the new unit.. even if its expensive, it might lower the price on the 7995.

thanks for some of the suggestion... I think I'll need a 4 channel amp at least for my friend's car...

thanks for that offer. let me consider it a bit.

any other suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

btw amp will probably be mated with stock speakers for now.. but might grab some medium grade speakers in the future.

aim in sound is... nothing loud, more in SQ than SPL.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:31 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by CapYoda
yeah I'm starting to think I should have wait for the new unit.. even if its expensive, it might lower the price on the 7995.

thanks for some of the suggestion... I think I'll need a 4 channel amp at least for my friend's car...

thanks for that offer. let me consider it a bit.

any other suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

btw amp will probably be mated with stock speakers for now.. but might grab some medium grade speakers in the future.

aim in sound is... nothing loud, more in SQ than SPL.
what car is it for anyways?
i know the stock civic speakers can sound better with an amp.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:31 AM
CapYoda

its on a 97 accord lx sedan.

i saw on alpine's site... the er.. MRP-F320

its not a very powerful amp, but I think it might do for the setup... only 75w on the speakers... and 180w on the woofer... but its running for like 170 on ebay and cheaper.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:14 PM
99_BlackSI

Originally posted by igo4bmx
yeah i like the 7995
you should check out the new 9815 alpine unit coming out in a couple of days!
its gonna have the ability to download there settings off their website. anyways if you're like me and only use to front two speakers i a car... the usx 2080 is cheap as hell (89.99 on crutchfield) which is good cuz it will come with a 3 year warranty
That head unit it so sweet man....I def agree. Its like the 7995 except with the capability to play WMA files too Check out www.alpine1.com for more information on it.

Dave