Notices

Vigor Muffler/Exhaust upgrade - need advice

Old 02-15-2003, 01:28 AM
Bengoshi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vigor Muffler/Exhaust upgrade - need advice

On Thursday I bought a 1994 Vigor GS with 89k miles. Unfortunately, the muffler has a hole and needs to be replaced. I don't want to go with the stock unit if I can find something with better flow/performance that isn't much louder than stock. Since no one makes any direct fit applications, what would y'all suggest?

Thanks in advance,
Bengoshi
Old 02-15-2003, 07:16 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Best bet is to buy a performance muffler and have a muffler shop put it on for you. Just know that any performance muffler is going to be louder than stock and exhaust alone won't give you much more horsepower over stock.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 02-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Bengoshi

I definitely don't want louder, it's loud enough now with the hole in it! Would you just go with the stock muffler from Acura or is there a good aftermarket muffler that performs like the stock unit?
Old 02-16-2003, 06:46 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Factory mufflers are alot. Any decent brand of aftermarket muffler should do. Just ask a muffler shop's opinion as to which one is more quiet like stock.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 02-17-2003, 07:20 PM
chucker6

Default After market muffler for Vigor

You may want to try the quietest version of the Flowmaster muffler. Although they are justly famous for their V8 exhaust systems, they do make them in all sizes and the quietest version is only slightly louder than stock, but pleasantly so.

I have not used them on an Acura, but had very good experience with a Volvo 240 turbo and a 280Z. The increased power on the Volvo was especially noticeable, probably not a huge surprise given the Army tank spec muffler that Volvo used in those days. I also installed one of their louder import mufflers on my son's Celica GT, and it was definitely louder than stock, but just under too loud. Similar to my '68 MGB.

Chuck
Medford, Oregon
Old 03-14-2003, 06:58 AM
rzortachi

Default New Vigor/need performance exaust

I have the same problem as one of the other vigor owners. just bought a 92 and the muffler/catback system needs quick repair. I want performance for better gas mileage and not much "badazz" racket. matt black momo rims would be killer but that is way expensive. it's cool owning kind of a rare ride but I am not confident about parts availability. If someone has ideas it would be much appreciated. definately getting infinity speaker in there though. I have to. I work at circuit city.