Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

compustar 2wSS-good alarm?

Old 02-14-2003, 05:15 PM
captainsaveaho
lovez $avinG hoe$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compustar 2wSS-good alarm?

i'm about to get the top of the line model compustar alarm for 700.00 dollars tomorrow morning, and was wondering if anybody has it or knows about it, like the good and the bad..................import tuner had an article a few months back, that's where i learned of it and liked what i read......................idiot proof for remote start manual tranny, 1.25 mile range paging, and everything else a auto alarm can do. thanks for any replies
Old 02-14-2003, 06:22 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

www.clifford.com I learned this from uhkord
Old 02-14-2003, 06:23 PM
dantastic
cx power!

i would get the clifford avantguard4 for that kind of money. if you're 1.25 miles away from your car, you cant really run back and check on ur car anyway :P
Old 02-14-2003, 06:46 PM
captainsaveaho
lovez $avinG hoe$

um aaaa ok, i'm familiar with the clifford kuz some of my friends have it, but one problem............there's no remote start for a manual tranny. i just briefly skimmed thru the avantguard4 and i didn't see it. also they don't have the alarm pager, and i think the compustar is better.
dantastic-if i was 1.25 miles away, and my pager goes off, telling me wich function was triggered, i simply call 911 and report a burglary, or car theft. and i'll have another device they need to get thru before they can roll out, that thing that locks the pedals, so while they saw thru that, hopefully the cops will be waiting, and so will i:bigok:
Old 02-14-2003, 07:10 PM
JailBa8

I would get the compustar alarm very good choice. I drove a car with that alarm on for a month and it's well worthit. But 700$ i hope that's in Canadian dollars cause otherwise that's waaay too much. The only problem i found with the alarm is the remote eats batteries like there's no tomorrow. A feature i like about it specially is let's say u arm the car and u leave when u come back the system will disarm by itself as soon as u get close to your car i find it pretty cool.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:13 PM
dantastic
cx power!

clifford pioneered the remote start for manual cars. their system is failsafe. btw, i wouldnt waste police resources b/c someone is breaking into my car. they wont be there for quite a while..... u gonna call 911 everytime ur shock sensor goes off?
Old 02-14-2003, 07:26 PM
captainsaveaho
lovez $avinG hoe$

Originally posted by dantastic
clifford pioneered the remote start for manual cars. their system is failsafe. btw, i wouldnt waste police resources b/c someone is breaking into my car. they wont be there for quite a while..... u gonna call 911 everytime ur shock sensor goes off?
only if i see some guy inside fiddling around, and is bigger then me, and i have no kinda weapon to defeat him with, YES, but after i call the police, i'ma try to beat his ass
Old 02-14-2003, 07:33 PM
captainsaveaho
lovez $avinG hoe$

Originally posted by JailBa8
I would get the compustar alarm very good choice. I drove a car with that alarm on for a month and it's well worthit. But 700$ i hope that's in Canadian dollars cause otherwise that's waaay too much.
that's how much your gonna have to pay IF you have a manual tranny, if it was an automatic, it would've costed around 600 dollars. but the price is right, kuz when i read the article in IMPORT TUNER, which is based in cali, installed the alarm on that green civic(you know, the one they feature every issue about a new mod on each issue) in cali, and they say to expect to pay at LEAST 700 dollars. you get what you pay for, correct? i mean, they need my valet key to take the chip out and put it in the alarm, all this labor and a top of the line alarm, i think it's worth it.