Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Wiring 2 Subs

Old 02-09-2003, 06:19 PM
azn1028

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring 2 Subs

got 2 new subs in bandpass box...
i know will helped me on this before with my jl..

but ok.. i can wire 4 ohm stereo, just connect one to one channel and one to other..

i can do 8ohm mono by connecting one + and one - to the sub and the other + and - together right??

and i can do 2 ohm mono somehow..

but when i do the 2 ohm or 8.. i can bridge it right..

i guess im askin...
which one gives me the biggest thump with my amp..

specs on amp

crossfire TEK502..
2 channels bridgable
50 w x 2 at 4ohm
95 w x 2 at 2ohm
180 w x 1 at 4ohm bridged mono

thanks guys.. sorry so confusing.. my brain is fried
Old 02-09-2003, 08:22 PM
97teg

well the two ohms would give you the most power but it doesn't look like your amp can handle it. At 4 ohms bridges if i remember right it is like each side sees 2 ohms. If you run 2 ohms bridged each side will see 1 ohm and if the amp isn't stable it will get hot or shut off. To keep it safe the only option i can see is 8 ohms bridged. To get 8 ohms you would go positive from amp to positive on one speaker then the neg side to the pos of other and then the last neg would go back to the amp. With a bandpass box i would only run the amp bridged.
amp(+)----(+)speaker 1 (-)----(+)speaker 2 (-)------(-)amp.
Turn it up slowly and if you get no sound or little turn it off quick and flip the + and - on one speaker.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:03 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

im guessing they are 4 ohm subs... your best bet will be to wire them in stereo... if you run them mono at 8 ohms, you'll only be putting 90 watts to BOTH speakers.

what I really suggest is a new amp... a 50x2 amp will not drive a pair of subs very well... find a mono amp, then wire the subs parallel, to run the amp at 2 ohms... doubling the 4ohm power.