Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Interior Lighting....

Old 02-07-2003, 01:31 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lighting....

Yes, neons are gay, and they get you pulled over, draw negative attention, yada yada yada.

But I drive a slow ass 1996 4 door civic lx, and my stereo is already where I want it to be, as is my outside appearence (lowered 1.6", 16" rims, a good overall look). My engine has 75k miles, so I'm not going to swap that for quite a while, nor am I going to waste the money on I/H/E or other mods that will just make my car louder (wait, I can't even get a header for my car). Yet I'm itching to mod my car. :a:

Now I feel like doing some interior lighting for shits and grins, and to impress my simple minded friends (my car is a people hauler h: kinda the party-mobile )

- I was thinking 4 neons, 2 up front under the dash (like we always see), 2 in back under the front seats, again the norm.

- another pulsing neon for my sub box (I saw one that was multi colored, looked alright)

- probably redo some dash lighting to get a blue light theme going on, and I have a few other smaller things going on. Why? Why not :fawk:

- aboslutely NO underbody/outside lighting! (and I have 20% tint, so even lighting on the inside won't be super obvious)

but now my problem is, I want something around the top area that lights it up alright. Allthough local law states lighting above the waist when standing is illiegal, I was going to throw something in, but I'm stuck with probably two 15" black lights? Anything else I'm not thinking of that can go in there? I saw this lighted string shit, but it looks kinda cheap to me.

Suggestions, pics of setups, whatever would be super. I just want a nice interior. :thumbup:

I appologise in advance on the :ghey:ness of this thread
Old 02-07-2003, 03:26 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

if you want to give it a shot you can change your climate control colors and change your gauge colors, it takes a little bit of work tho.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Rycechyk

Illusion's interior:

I'm trying to remember who else did their interior up but I can't recall.

I just have 2 black lights behind my headrests.

If you want to change your climate control, etc, talk to Cyrogen97. He has a pretty extensive DIY site with the instructions.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:52 AM
illusion

yep that's mine. neon under each side of the dash(9" on drivers side,2 5" on passengers side) neon under each seat(5" on each side) hooked up to the door pin switch, 20" neon tube in the trunk(hooked up to trunk pin switch), reverse indiglo gauges with rigged LEDs to light the odometer, but left incandescent bulbs to light the needles, dash lamps changed to blue LEDs, aux button lamps changed to LEDs(tcs, fog, cruise, sunroof), was going to do the shift console, but I'm putting a shift boot on, alarm LED in door is changed to blue LED. All that and I'm getting ready to change my deck and change all the interior to white now

http://www.igd4u.com look on the left side about 2/3 down there's my how to links. or click the bottom link in my sig
Old 02-10-2003, 12:19 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

cool, good info. :thumbup: