Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Rockford fosgate RAVDVD1

Old 02-05-2003, 07:16 PM
huviduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockford fosgate RAVDVD1

just wondering if this is a good head unit,
and also wodering if anyone knew how much it cost, i cant seem to find out. need to replace my piece of **** alpine, ill never buy alpine again, they suck
Old 02-05-2003, 07:16 PM
huviduc

also, is that a dark amber color or red lighting?
Old 02-06-2003, 10:04 AM
smokedogg

wow, I've never seen that thing before, but I can almost guaruntee that the buttons are red, not amber. All their decks last year had the same red color lights. No idea what the price is, but I'd like to know too
Old 02-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Mike
Banned

I don't know anyone who uses RF decks or products for that matter. It seems the general consensus that the quality of RF products have done downhill.

That deck is probably expensive seeing as how it's capable of DVD playback. The display looks miniscule and would probably make it difficult to deciper ID3 tags.

If you want MP3 playback and can do without the DVD feature then stick to Kenwood or Alpine. I love the display on my Alpine 7897:

If you'd like to take a look at my Alpine sometime let me know since you're close to Pittsburgh

Mike
Old 02-06-2003, 02:34 PM
xdannyx25

they suck in my opinion except have good pre-amp outputs
Old 02-06-2003, 07:23 PM
huviduc

i dont know anything about audio ****, its not really my thing, i jsut like to have a decent head unit and speakers. all i know id i think alpine sucks (sorry dude), i have an alpine and it doesnt read cd's for ****. it will skip on the slightest scratch when EVERY other cd player will read it, it wont play for longer than a minute when its cold because the cd fogs up alittle, i have to take it out and rub it off. also the lights for the skip buttons went out, and ive only had it in almost a year. ill never buy from them again, and i have alpine speakers and they arent any better than my JBL ones, and the alpines were more expensive.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:26 PM
huviduc

not trying to be a dick, im glad you like yours.
does anyone know of a cd player that lights up amber? i want it to match my interior lighting.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:59 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

kenwood makes a unit that has a full rainbow feature of colors on it, you can pick any color you want. i dont remember the units name but its all silver and yes it plays MP3 if thats something that interested you. its a pretty nice looking unit IMO
Old 02-06-2003, 08:35 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

theres the head unit.....
its called the KDC-MPV7019
and here is the link to the page of info on it:
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...productId=2407

btw: i have found that thier suggested retail on that page is at least $150 over what you would find the unit for in a store like say tweeters or something along those lines. my head unit was $200 less then what they suggested it for. i know the price on there is kinda scary but check it out in a store it will be cheaper.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:43 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

rockford decks are terrible... i'd buy a jensen before I bought a rockford. the overall feel of the deck is low quality... all the buttons, the faceplate itself... it all feels very flimsy and cheap. The sound quality is also pretty poor... do yourself a big favor and totally forget about the rockford.

Alpine is next to the best in the business... can't go wrong with them... the cda-7894 has amber or green illumination... switchable. But I dont think you'll ever find a deck to "match" the interior lighting... they usually end up being a completly different shade of the color.

Kenwood is good too, but to me their decks seem to lack the quality of an alpine... plus the controls can be hard to navigate. The JVC Digifine 2.1 and 2.2 decks are sweet as well... (kd-sh55,kd-sh77, kd-sh99, kd-sh707, kd-sh909), you wouldnt expect a good product to come from them, but those decks are absolutley incredible... the deck itself weighs a good 5-6 pounds! Clarion also sounds nice, I just personally do not like the look of most of their decks.