Notices

4 Ch. Amp install

Old 06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
footballstar09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Ch. Amp install

I pretty much know how to do everything i just want to know a few things is there a different way to power the front speakers besides running new wire to them. What i mean is can i somehow use the factory wiring to power these ("splicing" the head unit harness ?) If so how would I do that and what is the best technique for "splicing" . Also where is the best location through the fire wall to run the power cable for the amp.

I have a 2000 honda accord lx 4 cyl

Im running a JVC KD-Hdr30 head unit, I have 2-6.5 polk db 651's, 2-6x9 polk db 691's. The amp is a Crunch P1400.4 4-Channel Amp. 4 gauge power cable.

Any response would help
I know other people probably have already asked similar questions so if you could direct to those theads.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 AM
flyromeo3

What you can do is take the speaker wires from behind the radio and wire the Rear Left to Front Right. Wire Rear Left to Front Left.
While your in the trunk you can take the existing lines from the rear speakers and connect them to the front outputs on your amp. You'll just need to run new speaker wires from your rear speakrs to the amp.
Saves a lot of time than having to run new wires.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 PM
thisismatt

Since you already have to run power wire, RCA cables, and a remote turn on lead, just run 4 pair of speaker wires as well and disconnect the stock speaker wires from the aftermarket harness and splice them there. Use butt crimp connectors or solder & shrink tubing. You can just rewire the rear speakers straight to the amp as well, leaving them connected to the harness and simply unplugged at the speakers with new spade terminals on the new wire.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:53 AM
footballstar09

Thanks for all the help got i wired and it works great. Thanks again!!!