Notices

LTB a '92 Vigor - need some advice

Old 02-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Bengoshi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTB a '92 Vigor - need some advice

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

Got up 20 minutes ago with a bad cough and now can't get back to sleep. TTL for the internet!... but I digress.

I am in the process of selling my '91 CRX because it just won't work for toting around my 2 month old son. I have found a fairly clean 1992 Vigor with 124,000 miles. Body looks great as well as the paint. It doesn't even have a single door ding. The interior is good, not great. A fair bit of dry rot with the driver's seat... not so bad with the passenger seat. Rear seats look good with some dry rot/cracking on the top where it has baked in the sun.

Engine bay is clean, but not too clean (which I consider a good thing). I can see some oil/dirt collected on the engine and my first thought was the valve cover gasket. No oil drips underneath. Starts and runs smooth, blows no smoke at all.

CarFax shows it is a two owner vehicle, both local. CarFax also shows that it was in an accident in July of 1999, but apparently the damage did not exceed 20% of value. My local police station is going to pull the police report for me to look at. In looking at the car there does not appear to be any body filler and I am hard pressed to find where it was hit. My only guess is just behind the passenger rear door. The paint appears somewhat thicker there and the plastic liner at the front edge of the rear wheel well has pulled away from the lip of the fender a bit.

My question for y'all is simply what else do I need to look for? Are there any typical issues with Vigors of this vintage that I should know about?

Lastly, I have a set of Konig Toxxins (17x7) I might put on it. Will they fit without rubbing...etc (the Vigor is a 4 lug 114mm spacing, correct?)

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-02-2003, 07:02 AM
AcuraFanatic

Hey, welcome to the board.

Sounds like you have a pretty secure car you found. Vigors aren't very troubleprone (just like most Honda's). Having owned a 1993, the only place I'd look is to see if there's any rust development, and make sure all the services were performed at their correct intervals.

You might also want to pickup a bottle of leather conditioner, may help the rot a bit.

Good luck.

Also, is it a 5-speed? Or Automatic?
Old 02-02-2003, 07:03 AM
AcuraFanatic

Oh, and those wheels of yours should fit without a problem...pretty big wheel wells. The lug pattern and offset you listed is correct as well.