Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Wiring problems on my 91' ls.

Old 01-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Bui1t2Spill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring problems on my 91' ls.

Well i installed a JVC kameleon cd player in my LS recently, and it works fine, but since ive installed it ive had a couple weird problems. One is that the dome light wont come on unless the cd player is on, another thing thats kind of irritating is the cd player resets everytime i turn the car off. I know the cd players not sposed to do that because i installd it in my other car and it worked fine. Anyways if you guys know what it is id appreciate a tip. Thanks
Old 01-31-2003, 12:41 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

check the "interior light" fuse, "small light" fuse and "radio memory" fuse. Also make sure the yellow and red wires for the deck are connected to the right wires from the car. The battery wire in the car is the white wire with either a yellow or blue stripe... this gets connected to the Yellow wire of the deck. The Accessory wire (on with the key) is yellow with a red stripe... this gets connected to the Red wire of the deck.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Bui1t2Spill

Aight thanks , ill check that and see if it fixes it
Old 02-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Bui1t2Spill

Hey i got it figured out, I had to run a wire straight from the battery to my cd player, i tried all the wires that were coming from the car, but none of them were a constant power source. (if that makes sense hah) but anyways thanks for the tips, they at least got my @$$ out there so i figured it out
Old 02-02-2003, 07:22 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

If there wasnt any continous power to be found, there is probably a fuse blown... check the ones I listed above... but if you're happy with what you have now, then go with that I guess. I just personally dont like to have to run new wires when there is already something there.