Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

93 Accord tweeter install

Old 01-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Rycechyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Accord tweeter install

I am considering purchasing a set of Alpine Type-r components, but I'm trying to decide where/how to install the tweeters. I want to save the money and I also want to do it myself. I've searched and have selected a few pictures of ideas. I don't want to put them in the bottom of the door, so it's either the sail panel or high on the door near the handle. Will I need to create (how?!) a new sail piece or is the stock one deep enough? I'm really hesitant to drill into my door so I think I prefer the sail. Pointers/full DIY instruction tips would be most welcome!

Old 01-31-2003, 12:35 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

the top one is a 6th gen civic stock sail panel in a 5th gen civic.

The second one is what I really recomend... and its really easy to do... just make sure they are where you want them to be before you start cutting (duh)... use a sheetrock or xacto knife to cut through the vinyl and remove it... then use a hole saw of proper size and cut through the plastic door panel. The crossovers can be mounted to the inside of the door panel... but not inside the door itself... if they are in there they can get wet.

Its kinda intimidating at first... but once you get under way you'll see its not so bad... and it only requires simple tools.
Old 02-08-2003, 01:30 AM
MikesCommuter
As the ACCORD TURNS!

you might be able to purchase SAIL panels with built in tweeter spots on them..I dunno..its worth a search!

or the Q-Forms

Good Luck

Mike