Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Need advice on coilover spring rates

Old 01-29-2003, 01:05 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on coilover spring rates

Ok, at long last, the time has come. I have some money, and my car's gettin some toys. I wanna get Ground Controls. I've heard a billion different spring rates, and I need to know what yall think.

the car is a 91 CRX Si. One of the guys I race with (also in an 91 Si) says that a 450 front spring combined wth a 600 rear spring will be good for track. I'm really not concerned with a bumpy ride, I understand that with performance you lose some comfort. So, no need to tell me all about how lumpy the ride will be. I want information on good race spring rates
Old 01-29-2003, 09:10 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry if this is totally useless, as I don't have a crx and have only driven a handful-- but I find my 400/400 ('92 civic hb) to be very neutral and easy to get accustomed to. I know many autoxers prefer the higher rear spring rate, but in my experience*, it just makes the car harder to control.

*somewhat minimal, so see what other the other rexers say
Old 01-30-2003, 08:04 AM
jc836

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 400/500 on mine and they are fine. You can go higher (like 600) in the rear. I would not start out with anything more unless you have some serious experience on track. BTW: the springs are 2.5"ID/7" long/rate=