Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

clifford alarms?

Old 01-28-2003, 06:10 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clifford alarms?

Ok, so I've been reading and following the thread "Best Alarm system" ... I like what I hear about the clifford alarms and have seen a few pages with them. So I have an automatic, so the Omnistart would work well with that huh? I don't have keyless entry right now, and am looking for that feature as well. Can both of these be done on a Concept 600 from clifford?
Old 01-29-2003, 06:23 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: clifford alarms?

Originally posted by clickwir
Ok, so I've been reading and following the thread "Best Alarm system" ... I like what I hear about the clifford alarms and have seen a few pages with them. So I have an automatic, so the Omnistart would work well with that huh? I don't have keyless entry right now, and am looking for that feature as well. Can both of these be done on a Concept 600 from clifford?
OmniStart will work with either automatic or manual transmissions w/no problems on either And like you said, you will get keyless entry as well. The Concept 600 comes standard w/keyless entry so you'd just have to get the optional remote start feature. Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 01-29-2003, 06:39 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Sweet, sounds nice. Now in the other thread you gave the price around $600 installed. Know of any places in northeastern pa that can install this? How much does that OmniStart option cost, ballpark?

I need to know prices mainly so I can save up for this... I wish I could get it all done in a weeks pay... but I'm poor
Old 01-29-2003, 05:09 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by clickwir
Sweet, sounds nice. Now in the other thread you gave the price around $600 installed. Know of any places in northeastern pa that can install this? How much does that OmniStart option cost, ballpark?

I need to know prices mainly so I can save up for this... I wish I could get it all done in a weeks pay... but I'm poor
:rofl: I don't have much extra cash myself. I don't know who sells/installs those alarms out there, but on Cliffords site www.clifford.com you can find a dealer in ur area:thumbup: The remote start option cost? I'm not sure to be honest. Call up ur local dealer and they'll tell you.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:41 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Was looking around their site for a while last night... of course the AVG4 sounds like tip topof the line... although I can't afford it. So I'm looking for some good protection, the Solaris seems to catch me the most. Especially with the advanced engine starting/locking techniques.

Anyone have some pro/cons for the Solaris? My "local retailer" isn't open today for some reason. Can someone ballpark a Solaris installed?
Old 01-30-2003, 10:15 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

where abouts in PA are you located? i know theres a shop called Tweeter all over PA and they do professional installs on all of the clifford concept line of alarms and i believe they can order the avantguard and maybe solaris as well.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:16 PM
varyda

forget to say, check out tweeter.com and locate a store near you
Old 01-31-2003, 05:38 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

I'm in the scranton/wilkes-barre area. Closest Tweeter (according to their site) is in Whitehall, about 50miles south of me.

I might be missing it or it's not listed... but I don't see anything listing car security. I'll go look again...
Old 01-31-2003, 04:33 PM
haitred

I have the clifford solaris on my 5th gen Accord. It's tight! It takes a second or two to react in cold weather though. Nothing big! I paid like eight bills installed, and that also came with a hood lock.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:31 PM
varyda

http://www.tweeter.com/info/index.js...foPath=1139672
that link just explains key differences in alarms i guess its the only
thing they have under the "alarm" section.

this is actually a better link here , its from dei's site that breaks down
all the differences in the clifford line models:

http://www.clifford.com/products/c_fchart.htm

-hope this helps ya, any other ?s just PM me or hit me up on AIM