Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Online Honda Forums - Editorial

Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Online Honda Forums - Editorial

Online Honda Forums - Editorial

Read about what the editors of Honda Tuning think about online Honda forums and much more!It's no secret that I'm a forum junkie. Though I only post on a few, I keep an eye on a number of them, especially those that cater to the big H and its family. I love forums, even with their constant bickering and the PMs I get from people complaining about how someone badmouthed their car that they posted 15 times in a 24-hour period, or whining about why their uncomfortably specific thread titled "Post your fluorescent orange wheels on purple cars lowered 1.75 inches in a vacant lot with a gravel surface during a slight torrential downpour on a Thursday night surrounded by dandelions and lava rocks" was locked. The threads that pop up every other minute are like an up-to-the minute blog showing us what's new in every part of the country. Over the years they've become their own monster, spawning a subculture that relies on posted information to learn new methods in every aspect of Honda building. Many of the most popular trends you see at your local meet or track event were a result of a thread created by someone, then copied by someone else. From there, the trickle effect continued until that trend became the norm.

Photo Gallery: Online Honda Forums - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...