Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

nocking/tapping sound - 94 ls integra

Old 01-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nocking/tapping sound - 94 ls integra

ok, so i was going home coming from silver spring, md. the car was fine when i left from md, however when i got home, i noticed that when the engine had reached around 2700rpm, a tapping sound was apparent. i had also noticed that approx. 30-40% of power was basically gone. So i reach home, turn off the car, waited a few minutes, then turned it on again, and right when the engine turned, the nocking sound was load & intermittent for about 6 secongs, then it got quiet. So i gave a little gas, and agian after 2700rpm, the sound waws apperant. So i check my oil, it was low, put 2 quarts in, & it was still there. when i started it up agian, the maintence light was blinking 10 times before it turned off, ususally it would never blink like it did today. SO i was wonderin if anybody could help me out diagnoise this problem and was wondern how much it would cost. THanks
Singhg83
Old 01-28-2003, 03:24 PM
VPUPPY

could be a crankshaft problem if the oil was low, i spun a rod bearing once cuz i drove on low oil. get it checked out asap.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

yea, so yesterday i was drivin home from work, and all of a sudden, my car turns off while driven like 50-60mph. So i go to the side of the road, try to start it up, and it wouldn't turn. So i later find out that that the valve broke of the stem & and drop ontop of the piston & it got stock, shich had forced my engine to lock up, So i got royally F*****. Thanks Vpuppy, seeing that ur the only one that had replyed to this post.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:35 AM
92b16vx

No one on this forum could have diagnosed a broken valve without taking your motor apart and looking at them.The best answer you could of hoped for was to check your valve lash and you might,might have noticed it.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:06 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

Well the person that told me that i had this problem was my mechanic. So now what they have done is that they are just going to swap the motor with the b18b, like i had before fir $700. I have had way too many problems with this car so i am thinking of just seeling it & probably go get another teg or just buy a hatch. Not sure yet, but thanks for the reply 92bcivic.