Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

99+ integra

Old 01-26-2003, 12:12 PM
LiLBri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99+ integra

hi audio guys,
i have no knowledge about this kinda stuff but would like a nice system for a 99+ Acura Integra. So here I am asking for recommendations from people. It'd be great if some1 could point me in the right direction: what stuff to look for when buying items such as speakers, subs, amps, and headunit. And if u guys can go beyond general info and give me some good brands and/or the specific models, that'd be EXCELLENT. Again, it's for a 99+ integra, so if u integra owners know the speaker sizes and good parts that work extra well for that particular car, it'd be of great help to me. I plan on getting stuff w/in the next week or so, probably from bestbuy so if that helps u help me in any way, cool. Thanks in advance!
-Brian
Old 01-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

A word of advice. Don't go to Best Buy. You'll be sorry. I wouldn't let them install an air freshener in my car. Go to a good place that deal in only car audio stuff. Most peops on this board run Alpine head units. I have a 7894 that works VERY well. As for speakers... Once again Alpine is good, others like Infinity. It's all a matter of what you like and what you can afford.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:00 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

What's your budget???? And what kind of music do you listen to and what do you want out of your system???
Old 01-27-2003, 02:21 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 99+ integra

Originally posted by LiLBri
99+ Acura Integra.
Just FYI Brian, the Integra was the same (aside from minor exterior refreshening in 1998) from 1994-2001
Old 01-28-2003, 12:30 PM
LiLBri

umm music....trance/dance/hip-hop/r&b...... i guess i'm leaning towards better sound quality over bass, but want to be able to kick it w/ lotta bass when i want it. price ranggggee....well the reason i'm going w/ bestbuy is cuz of a friend's discount so i plan on spending $1000 more or less....so maybe w/out a discount depending on the exact models it should really cost 1500-2000??
Old 01-28-2003, 03:07 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Best Buy eh??? Well, get all the installation wiring and stuff there. I guess you can also get a Pioneer deck there as well as a couple Rockford amps. I'm not sure what they have for speakers, but I'm pretty sure the selection isn't oo great.... I'd look elsewhere for subs and speakers - a nice set of components of front, i.e. MB Quart, Focal, Rainbow, etc... and a single 12" sub from Image Dynamics, Kicker, JL, etc... should be nice...
Old 01-30-2003, 04:10 PM
SiR-DC2

Originally posted by Hondaman
A word of advice. Don't go to Best Buy. You'll be sorry. I wouldn't let them install an air freshener in my car. Go to a good place that deal in only car audio stuff. Most peops on this board run Alpine head units. I have a 7894 that works VERY well. As for speakers... Once again Alpine is good, others like Infinity. It's all a matter of what you like and what you can afford.
-Depends on who you deal w/, I am probably one of the more certified & knowledgable person you've talked to but since I am only a supervisor of the Install Bay I don't know ****? I have had to hire and fire so many idiots it's pathetic. So in a sense your right...and wrong...kinda like your opinion, Alpine is okay if you like overpriced stuff and have old school when I come up I'm getting an Alpine mentality, but have you ever even messed w/ Alpines flagship radios on a day to day basis? I worked at Circuit City for 3 years before going to BB and have seen MANY more high end Alpines come back than their Low end.
Original Kenwood Dmask is the same way, LOTs of problems, after the first year (a long time ago) they've gotten the bugs worked out.
I used to HATE on Sony but now I have a Sony indash TV, 10disc MP3 changer (NEVER skipped), Sony XM sat radio, DVD, Sony 4 channel and the big sony mono amp...I still hate their speakers though. Your the kinda of customer that comes into my bay buys parts and say you know everything about installing gimme and app so I can through it in the trash can in front of you to prove I'm a man and then call later to ask for help. I know I'm going overboard I just hate being associated w/ the rest of the idiot, sometimes I feel like I work at Ken's Stereo Junction, everybody in the industry knows how jacked up they are and talk about them.../goes off into the corner and cries/oh well, don't pay me any attention.
Old 02-01-2003, 04:29 AM
LiLBri

how do we feel about kenwood decks guys? so far we know pioneer is good and sony is not so good hehe
Old 02-01-2003, 06:48 PM
SiR-DC2

I appologized for being an ass, the only Sony I like is the high end ($800+) cd players, kenwood is good, just remember you system begins w/ the deck, spend the most you can afford on a high quality head unit and the rest will fall into place.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Diabolik
Has an M3 now...

Kenwood sucks
Pioneer is OK
Sony is not great, but better than Kenwood.
Panasonic used to be good, but now...? Don't know
Eclipse makes a good deck
Clarion is awesome

I love my Clarion deck, I had one before and bought a new one 4 years later, works great. I am a huge clarion fan when it comes to head units and sound processing.

I like Kicker Solobaric subs as well. The L7 is a monster. I had the Rockford HX2's before and they are also good. Either would give you the bass you want. If you get the L7, just get one. That will be enough trust me

For speakers, lose the rears and use front only for imaging. Install kick panels if you want. Use 5 1/4" component set. I have rockfords now and I like them (Fanatic X) but if you can swing something else, great. MB Quart if you can afford them, or Focal (drool!!!). Some other ppl here might know what else is good. BTW if you install kicks, leave your factory tweeters in and hook them up as well. Brings your imaging up.

For amps, I really don't know. I think the kickers are great, but I'm sure there are others that are good. The JBL's and MTX's are apparently a good amp. Again' someone here may be able to help.

Stay away from anything Kenwood or Sony when it comes to your system (maybe a Sony deck is ok). I could pull a better piece of audio gear out of my ass.

-Diabolik