Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

anyone has Infinity basslink inside the salon

Old 01-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Ochdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone has Infinity basslink inside the salon

and not in the trunk? If so, where and how?
Old 01-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Ochdx

Also, how to u guys think basslink will compare to my existing setup? This is what I have now:

A box like this

with a pair of these 10's

driven by this amp

Old 01-26-2003, 07:52 AM
Ochdx

Old 01-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Ochdx

GRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 01-27-2003, 07:17 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

i say you get rid of the bandpass box and woofers and invest in something else
what are you looking for? sound quality? or just a loud bump
Old 01-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Ochdx

sound quality.. and preferably not at the expence of much trunk space
Old 01-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

one 10" sealed in a 0.85cu ft box should be fine. Just find a sub that fits these descriptions and airspace requirements!
Old 01-28-2003, 04:48 AM
Ochdx

what is the difference between bandpass and sealed box? and what types of boxes are there, and what are the differences between them?
Old 01-28-2003, 05:18 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

The type of bass you get from your component subwoofer doesn't depend on the woofer alone. You'll need a strong, tightly-constructed enclosure for optimum subwoofer performance. Speakers without an enclosure can't deliver full bass because the sound from the back of the speaker can cancel out some low frequencies emanating from the front of the speaker. Different types of boxes will produce different types of bass.

Sealed boxes: Deep, precise bass
A sealed box is an airtight enclosure housing your subwoofer. A sealed box is best for any music that demands tight, accurate bass. Expect flat response (not excessively boomy), deep bass extension, and excellent power handling. Since a sealed enclosure tends to require more power than a ported box, use an amplifier with ample wattage for optimum performance.

Ported boxes: Forceful bass
Ported boxes use a vent (called a port) to reinforce low bass response. You get more output than you would from a sealed box at any given amplifier wattage. Some people prefer the sound of ported boxes for rock, heavy metal, or any hard-driving music. Ported boxes can deliver deeper bass than sealed boxes, though they need to be much larger than sealed enclosures to accomplish that.

Bandpass boxes: Maximum slam!
Bandpass boxes are a special type of ported box designed for maximum slam. The woofer is mounted inside a dual-chambered box (one chamber sealed, the other ported), with the sound waves emerging from the ported side. The sound that comes out of the port is extra loud within a narrow frequency range.

Didnt mean to be wordy and I hope some of the info helped in your decision on the kind of box you want.

Remember (woofer + box) + amp = total bass sound.. you cannot compromise one for any of the others.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:46 AM
Ochdx

Can you post a picture of each box, so I have a clearer idea? Sounds to me that sealed box is what I want. Also, what type of box Infinity basslink uses?