Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

tick sound from tweeters help please

Old 01-25-2003, 07:50 AM
DeadLock23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tick sound from tweeters help please

I have the Alpine Type S component system 5 1/4 with the crossover and tweeters.

Today when I cruising, listining to some hip hop, I noticed an annoying tick tick ... high pitched sound coming from the right tweeter.

After examinations, I concluded that both tweeters were making the sam noise and it does so throughout the CD i was listening too.

Does anyone know what the problem is? is it the wiring to the crossover? I don't think both tweeters just went bad at the same time, I had them installed at a shop so I figured they knew what they were doing, both the 5 1/4 front and tweeters connect to the crossover, which connects to the stock wiring and into the headunit thru an adapter to the harness.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:19 AM
97teg

is there an amp? if not i would take it back and tell them what is going on. hopefully they are nice and will take a look at it for you. If there is an amp it could be alternator noise.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:33 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

try a different CD... sometimes scratches can produce noise like that.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:01 PM
DeadLock23

the amp is only used for the sub, i never had this noise with the CD before, and the CD was in the unit for weeks. Any other thoughts?

thanks
Old 01-26-2003, 03:48 PM
xdannyx25

is it connected correctly,
the tweeters should be connected - to the + on the crossover and + to the - on the crossover
Old 01-27-2003, 11:12 AM
DeadLock23

the tweeters are connected correctly, I did a little more investigation, and it seems the rear speakers are doing it as well, it seems to be some songs too, so my guess is it must have been a messed up MP3 that I burned onto the CD causing certain noise.

thanks for the help.