Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Car got broken into; they took my alarm siren !!!!

Old 01-24-2003, 07:07 PM
civic_dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car got broken into; they took my alarm siren !!!!

Yup, my car got broken into, they took everything, including my alarm siren. I'm not sure what i should do, my alarm still works, its just missing a siren. Is it possible for me to just buy a siren off of ebay and slap that sucker on my alarm system. I have a Clifford G4 Polaris. Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2003, 07:58 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Car got broken into; they took my alarm siren !!!!

Originally posted by civic_dude
Yup, my car got broken into, they took everything, including my alarm siren. I'm not sure what i should do, my alarm still works, its just missing a siren. Is it possible for me to just buy a siren off of ebay and slap that sucker on my alarm system. I have a Clifford G4 Polaris. Any suggestions?
mind if I ask where you got ur alarm installed at?
Old 01-24-2003, 08:33 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to change the subject.. but uhkord.. your car looks sick.. i love it, mad props :thumbup:
Old 01-25-2003, 12:14 AM
civic_dude

i got it installed at Good Guys. i already talked tro them, they can't help, only covers malfuctions.
Old 01-25-2003, 01:12 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by civic_dude
i got it installed at Good Guys. i already talked tro them, they can't help, only covers malfuctions.
I had a feeling you got it installed at a chain store I had mine done at Circuit City and the thief who stole my car got it in like 30-45 seconds, cause both the siren and the brain of the alarm were easily accessible, needless to say, I won't be taking my car there for an alarm install anytime soon. A quality install will include hiding the siren and brain, so if you do decide to just get another siren and call it a day, make sure the siren isn't in plain view under the hood
Old 01-25-2003, 01:13 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by KRA
sorry to change the subject.. but uhkord.. your car looks sick.. i love it, mad props :thumbup:
You like my car huh? Where did u see it at?
Old 01-25-2003, 03:28 AM
Slow-N-Low
What's that smell?

Siren? Do the world a favor, and leave the siren off. It obviously doesn't deter thieves, so all it does is add noise pollution. People die because nobody pays attention to sirens anymore. If you want notification, get a pager alarm.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:12 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 94uhkord
You like my car huh? Where did u see it at?
lol.. thought that it was in your sig.. :doh:
Old 01-25-2003, 06:33 AM
r1ch_b

And then there's the mechanical hood lock that you can add.
It's at DEI site

Plus an additional siren they put inside the car to make the thief supposedly "deaf" + backup power source just in case they cut your battery.

Pager system helps, but not quite. Range for DEI products are 1/4 mile and 6000 ft for Compustar.
I got broken into twice while I left my car to go out of state...
Old 01-25-2003, 06:36 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

mmmm... Advans!!! Yummm!!!

Yeah, you can get a new siren... its usually just a 2 wire hook-up... positive and ground. www.parts-express.com has a few different ones... I know a bunch can be found on eBay... and any car stereo place should have replacements... I find a good place to put it is either under the fuse box in the engine compartment... or inside the front bumper. Hide the wirring too... make it look like a stock harness if it has to be in plain view.