Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need some opinions on last year's Pioneer DEH-P7400MP

Old 01-24-2003, 01:29 PM
sirDANG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some opinions on last year's Pioneer DEH-P7400MP

Like the subject says, I'm looking for some opinions about last year's Pioneer 7400 model with the OEL display and MP3. I can get one for a real good price, so if you have one please throw up some opinions and help a fellow HAN member out...thanks!
Old 01-24-2003, 05:16 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

I got it and think it's pretty awesome. Looks good, has ton of helpful features if you got a system, and is just a really good HU...IMO! If you can get it cheap, get it! :thumbup:

~Green Civic EX
Old 01-24-2003, 05:22 PM
smakdown

If you are in to looks and want to tempt thieves than go for the pioneer. If you like better SQ, faster mp3 playback, and can deal with simple looks go with an alpine.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:45 PM
The Dude
Banned

I went from the Pioneer 7400 to an Alpine 7893 and I like the 7893 better, the color doesn't change on my every 5 seconds and it doesn't have dolphins. And down the road when I get good system components it will be better to control the stuff with
Old 01-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

Originally posted by The Dude
I went from the Pioneer 7400 to an Alpine 7893 and I like the 7893 better, the color doesn't change on my every 5 seconds and it doesn't have dolphins. And down the road when I get good system components it will be better to control the stuff with
Smart man!!! The pioneer radios look like ****, sound like ****, flat out ARE ****! You couldn't GIVE me a pioneer radio. If you did, I'd give it to some CHICK who cares about looks, not sound. Nuff said.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:14 AM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Well, you can get one of those pretty cheap online for like 229. So if you can get it for less than that, then that's a good deal. Anyway, about the radio, it's ok for the money. You get what you paid for. I have the premier version of it(740mp). Sound is ok but my only rant is the loading time of mp3s but I got use to it. Looks are ok too. My next deck, I'm either getting an Alpine or a really high end Pioneer Premier radio. Mp3 capable, of course.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Rezza
Tell your mom I said hi!

...I have that deck in my lude and absolutely love it. Toxis, how many Pioneer decks have you personally owned? I've owned 3, and each one sounded, looked, and performed excellent. You can fine-tune the audio setup exactly how you like it with the 7400's SFEQ (Sound Focus EQ)...w/that, you can tweak additional independent bass and treble control for the front and rear...If you can grab one for a good deal like you said, don't hesistate, just do it man, you'll be glad you did.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:13 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Originally Posted by RezzasVTEC

...I have that deck in my lude and absolutely love it. Toxis, how many Pioneer decks have you personally owned? I've owned 3, and each one sounded, looked, and performed excellent. You can fine-tune the audio setup exactly how you like it with the 7400's SFEQ (Sound Focus EQ)...w/that, you can tweak additional independent bass and treble control for the front and rear...If you can grab one for a good deal like you said, don't hesistate, just do it man, you'll be glad you did.
:werd:
Old 03-01-2004, 08:04 PM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

Both the Alpine and the Pioneer are good units. The Alpine to me tends to be a bit on the brassy side when it comes to SQ. The trebel has to be turned way down to get the harshness of the highs to comfortable listening. They both have great audio adjustments, one has more flash but still good units overall.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know where these people without any grounds bash a quality head unit. Pioneer and Alpine are among the top head units on the market.

They offer detatchable faces FOR security reasons....
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net