Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Lcd Sound Problems

Old 01-23-2003, 10:20 AM
TriniSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lcd Sound Problems

I currently have a PS2 hooked up to my panasonic cd player for sound and 3 tvs for video. My problem is that on my cd player when I put it on aux in (not even turning on the ps2) there is a static noise. When the ps2 is on the static noise is still there but it is in the back ground of the movie.
2nd when I am driving I here a wining soung for my speakers. Someone told me it was alternator noise?
What can I do to eliminate both of these problems?
Thank you
Old 01-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

Double check the wiring and make sure there's no cuts in the RCA's and/or wires on the deck. Also make sure all the wires are FULLY connected and no exposed wire behind the deck. If still no luck, go buy a ground loop isolator...
Old 01-26-2003, 10:00 AM
TriniSpeed

where does the ground loop isolater go?
Old 06-16-2003, 07:57 AM
KVZ_Productions

also you can try to move your rca cables and power wires farther apart your rca cables are picking up ground noise and its interfiering with the signal. another option is shielding rca cables. i believe they make a ground loop isolator that hooks to your alternator not sure. check into it. you prolly just got power wires run close to rca signal wires.

-krazymatt