Notices

Tire Rack Sucks!!!!

Old 01-22-2003, 02:01 PM
sillytimmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rack Sucks!!!!

a word to the wise... never order tires online from tire rack... i ordered a set of Potenza's from them... 2 right tires, 2 left tires... and when its all said and done... i have 8... yes... EIGHT LEFT tires sitting here waiting for those dumbasses to learn how to read the big ass label on the tire that says RIGHT SIDE. Ya think they'd know to do that since it is their job and all... but after calling 5+ times today alone, i finally got an answer that it took TWO managers to read the labels to make sure they actually said RIGHT on them... total bull**** experience, and i'll never use them again.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:07 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God forbid anyone makes a mistake, for Chrissake. You have right to complain if they don't pay for shipping (I doubt this), but otherwise you have absolutely none. Time to live with it. No offense, but it's true. I've used tirerack twice and have always gotten completely professional care and good service managers. If you wanna buy from some other tire shop for $50+ more, be my guest.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:09 PM
sillytimmy

i did pay for shipping... 20 bucks per set of tires... thats 60 bucks. oh yea... and im 200 miles away from the dealer where the tires are and i only go back once a month, and i had them timed perfect to get there when i was in town, so now i have to drive on the highway with nails in all tires and no tread cuz they made a HUGE mistake... and i had to pay for it.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:50 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by sillytimmy
i did pay for shipping... 20 bucks per set of tires... thats 60 bucks. oh yea... and im 200 miles away from the dealer where the tires are and i only go back once a month, and i had them timed perfect to get there when i was in town, so now i have to drive on the highway with nails in all tires and no tread cuz they made a HUGE mistake... and i had to pay for it.
I kind of find it hard to believe that you would have to pay for shipping after explaining your story to them. Just my opinion, after all. Wouldn't 20 bucks per set be 40 bucks?
Old 01-22-2003, 06:32 PM
The Captain

yep, tire rack sucks. They do have good prices but the service is not good. I called and ordered some s02s from them. Hit a nail on the sidewall after 200 miles on one rear. emailed a person at tire rack, which were a sponsor at an s2000 site I visit. I wanted to know what they call do, replacement or what. He told me that I should have ordered through him, and is tough Sh$%@t for me. It left a bad feeling for me for tire rack.

Alot of our local s2000 owners are getting our s02 from a local discount tire. is a open ended monthly group buy. it is cheaper than tire rack and comes with balance and mounting. They are now even stocking them. Also through discount you can purchase road hazard protection for $16.

so good bye tire rack.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:38 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by The Captain
yep, tire rack sucks. They do have good prices but the service is not good. I called and ordered some s02s from them. Hit a nail on the sidewall after 200 miles on one rear.
I don't understand how it is the TireRack's fault that you hit a nail
Old 01-23-2003, 07:45 AM
The Captain

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
I don't understand how it is the TireRack's fault that you hit a nail
is not their fault. It was the way they handled it. their email responds "you should have order through me, tough sh$%#t for you"
Old 01-23-2003, 08:52 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by The Captain
is not their fault. It was the way they handled it. their email responds "you should have order through me, tough sh$%#t for you"
Then they got some real big assholes working for them.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:48 AM
JZS2K

I bought tires from them on wednesday changed my order at 5 in the afternoon and i got the tires the next day before 12 in the afternoon and only paid 10 or 15 for shipping. I think thats good service.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Barry WY

Tirerack has been excellent for me. I've bought tires for my S2000 and my Prelude from them. Excellent service. No problem. They're one of the best places to buy OEM SO-2 tires from.