Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Radio problem?????

Old 01-19-2003, 06:48 PM
SupaDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio problem?????

Hey Peeps

I got a problem with my radio, I hope someone can help me with it. I brought a clarion detachable face radio and 12 disc CD about two years ago . I also brought a punch amp. and two JL 12's around the sametime. I recently noticed that when I drive for two hours or more with the stereo loud, eventually the music starts to break up. I have to turn the radio down and it will play okay again. It seems like it happens with the internal/ stock speakers only, which are not hooked up to the amp. This never use to happen before. I'm trying to pin point the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave
Old 01-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

you're internal amp on the radio is overheating...
Old 01-19-2003, 09:26 PM
LjN_728

Originally posted by Toxis
you're internal amp on the radio is overheating...

Yeah that's what I'd be thinking of too, but like HU's are made to be played loud! hmm...just a suggestion, but you kno those little computer fans they sale like at computer stores. I'd find some way to mount and power that fan somewhere near the HU to either bring in air or blow the air out. Hopefully it'll work and you won't have to buy a new HU.