Notices
Meets & Events Maximize efficiency in organizing local, regional, and national events.
View Poll Results: Help choose which week in May to have our next meet.
1st Week (May 2, 2009)
0%
2nd Week (May 9, 2009)
0%
3rd Week (May 16, 2009)
100.00%
4th Week (May 23, 2009)
0%
5th Week (May 30, 2009)
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Dallas area meet for May 2009

Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Calamity Coyote
Texas Ground Pounder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas area meet for May 2009

Hello everyone. I noticed an old thread here a few weeks ago asking about a meet in the Dallas area of which it seems that no one here has seen or attended one. I am a avid member of DriveAccord.net and we had one in March of this year along with members from V6Performance.net. We are currently trying to get another one set for the month of May. I am hoping to attract members from this site as well to join in our efforts.

So with this being said, we are currently taking a poll to decide which week (Saturday) in May to have the next event. I do know that based on the last meet that we are looking to have it somewhere in the Richardson/Plano area. This is the area that everyone lived in that attended last meet. We are also hoping to get a drive in as part of the event.

If you are interested in attending our next meet, please feel free to cast your vote on the week. I will try and relay any information obtained from DA to here and vice versa. If you choose, you can go directly to our threads on DA that talk further about this. Otherwise I will keep everyone posted as to the plans here.

Poll results: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30336

Meet discussion: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30343

Hope to see everyone there.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Calamity Coyote
Texas Ground Pounder

Guess no one here is interested in attending such an event?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Calamity Coyote
Texas Ground Pounder

Default Official Details

I know that no one voted and maybe I'm just talking in the wind here, but details for this meet are set. Anyone who is interested in attending, feel free to do so.

Based on the votes that were cast from other sites, we have to go with the 3rd week of May. Not only are we setting the details for this meet, we are planning ahead and setting the dates for the next two. Yes I said two. We are shooting for a meet every other month throughout the summer and having them also on the third Saturday of each month. This should allow everyone to attend at least one if not more meets for the summer.

The "starting" location will be at the Sonic in Plano on Jupiter. I know, not as fancy as Bone Daddy's but we were looking for something laid back that everyone could enjoy and afford. Plus this place deals with other car meets so they should be able to accommodate us as well. From there we will take a leisure 40 mile drive around Lake Lavon back around to the Sonic in McKinney on University. We might have a few stops along the way for photo ops. Both sites have other restaurants or gas stations nearby for anything else you need such as a bathroom.

Summary of the details so far:

Meet #1: Saturday - May 16th
Starts at: Sonic in Plano - 721 Jupiter - Plano, TX 75074
Ends at: Sonic in McKinney - 312 W. University Drive - McKinney, TX 75069

Meet #2: Saturday - July 18th

Meet #3: Saturday - September 19th

We might alternate the start/finish locations on one of these. We'll see how things go before making that decision. If it will confuse things, we won't.

Now for the time schedule. Last meet didn't give as much time as we wanted and we couldn't get the drive in. So we are setting the start time at 2:00 pm. Somewhere around 5:00 pm we will start the drive. I'm predicting anywhere from 1 - 2 hours for the drive. Like I said, it will be leisure and we may stop for photos. This will put us in the McKinney location between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Several of us on the last meet didn't call it a night until around 9:00 pm. With this schedule, everyone should have plenty of time to converse at both locations.

Drive details: I'm attaching a map for better viewing purposes, but here is a list of how it is expected. Starting at the Plano Sonic we will travel east on Plano Parkway to FM 544. Turning right (east) to Highway 78. There we will head north (left) to Highway 380 in Farmersville. We will then turn left (west) back to the McKinney Sonic. Total drive distance is 40.2 miles. Less than 2 gallons of gas. When you are ready to call it a night, keep heading west on 380 to 75. This will take back home.

So there you have it. Hopefully this will work for everyone. Like I said, if you can't make this one, shoot for the next. We just had to get the ball rolling here before time ran out. We also hope that everyone can agree with the arrangements. Again, something had to be set. We think this will be the best for everyone and should make for a relaxed and fun setting. Should we need to tweak future event details will depend on how things go on this one. Hope to see you there.

Map:
Attached Images
File Type: gif
image_map.gif (99.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Calamity Coyote
Texas Ground Pounder

If anyone here is interested in attending any of these events, please check in. Were trying to get a list together to see how many attendees we will have. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Calamity Coyote
Texas Ground Pounder

24 hour bump.