Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Mike Arpon - Editorial

Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mike Arpon - Editorial

Mike Arpon - Editorial

Mike Arpon talks about this month's feature cars as well as other unique topics in the Editorial section of this month's issue.Love me or hate me, somebody over here's given me another chance this month to ramble on about some of those things that make me happy, mad, sad, or just about anything in between. Loyal readers may recall that I'm in the midst of rebuilding my B18C Type R engine. The premise is: Going big with the ITR. Or maybe it's: How to better the B. Either way, it'll be bigger, stronger, and hopefully make my hatchback faster. All things that make me happy. Think of it as the Six Million Dollar Man of the B-series realm. No, not Ted DiBiase the wrestler, but Steve Austin, the real bionic man. Like many, I thought the build would be straightforward, even easy. I mean, all I had to do was order some parts, yank the engine, send it to the machine shop, put it back together, and slap it back in place. Sounds easy enough. It isn't shaping up to be though. The parts gathering process wasn't too difficult. I know at least one or two important people in the industry, which made obtaining the things I wanted relatively easy and affordable. And pulling the engine out, well, that was even easier. Aaron and I dropped the engine in his garage in less than an hour and by the end of the day it was in pieces in the back of a truck ready for the machine shop. But now I find myself sitting here staring at an empty bay, waiting for the sleeves to be installed, waiting for the headwork to be completed. All of this waiting leaves entirely too much time for thinking, which isn't necessarily a good thing for me.

Photo Gallery: Editorial - Mike Arpon - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...