Notices

Ain't this some s%&t!

Old 01-17-2003, 03:36 AM
MPM77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ain't this some s%&t!

I took my car in for service (2000 RL) last year for them to fix the passenger side seat heater. My girl was complaining that the back portion was not getting warm. They told me that they had to order the part. Well, 2 months went by and when I took it in for the next oil change they supposedly fixed it. By this time it was summer and my girl being a girl told me it "felt" like it was working. Then, about 2 weeks (note that we are well into winter and she just mentioned it) ago she complained of the same problem, the seat back not getting warm. This time I took it to another dealer. Their response was, "The passenger seat does not have a heating element in the back portion due to the sensors for the side airbag, check your manual." I could not believe what I was hearing. So I went home and checked it out. What I found was that the dealer was right! There is not heating element in the back portion of the passenger seat because of the side airbag sensor. I am furious! What kind of **** is that! Other car manufacturers have heated seats and side airbags! And to top it all off, the other dealer (1) told me they had to order the part; and (2) Told me they fixed the problem!

I just find this inexcusable and wanted to vent my frustrations. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:32 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't take my car back to that place if I was you.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:59 PM
ChrisK

If you have to work order you can read exactly what that 1st dealer claimed they did. It probable should say something like:

A. Customer complains that passanger heated seat element on backrest is not heating up.

Then there should be a reponse by the mechanic saying something like:

A Checked heater element and found broken wire. Replaced wire and tested heated seats and foundit is okay. That is if they did some sort of work. Or, it should state, there is no such heater element for the back rest. No further action was taken. Basically what I'm saying is the work order paper should have exactly what was done on your car. If they claim they did work it should be in writting and if the work is bogus because there was nothing to work on, then you have a lawsuit case.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:18 AM
MPM77

I thought of that. However, I am friends with the service manager and I think he was just blowing smoke up ass because he forgot to check it. I never recieved an invoice. That's my mistake. Anyway, I can't believe Acura couldn't find a way around the sensor for the airbag to include the heating element.