Notices

Start run prob 90 Legend

Old 03-27-2009, 10:23 PM
PaulM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start run prob 90 Legend

My 90 Legend generally starts well but will either not sustain an idle in Drive and/or randomly stall once going IF the check engine light does NOT come on. If the light DOES come on it will generally maintain a good idle and not stall. At least this has so far been consistent with distances under about 11 miles. I have not tried to drive it any greater distance at one time since this problem began.

It restarts well most of the time after stalling, but the problem will generally persist if its stalls once, that is, it will not maintain the idle. Eventually, however, it will start and run. Again, once the engine light comes on is generally an indication that the problem, for then, is over. Occasionally it will run for a sustained time with the engine light off if it has stalled some but the problem will eventually come back.

When the light is on, the indicator under the passenger seat blinks 4x and then stops and then blinks 4x again, continuously. This is supposed to indicate that the Crankshaft Rotor Sensor (I think) is bad, but a mechanic I talked to says that would give different symptoms than this.

Ideas?? Thank you for any help you might be able to give

Last edited by PaulM; 03-27-2009 at 10:29 PM.