Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura TSX Final Specs and Pictures

Old 05-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read all the posts and several articles. I haven't driven it. I'm about as open minded as I think I could be about this car, considering most reviewers give it ~7.5-8.0 out of 10. Not all that impressive. I think it does have some high points (especially the interior), but it also has several low points in what I consider key areas.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:06 AM
ILuvItTheJDM
VEETEHK

Originally posted by Nathan1234
I don't think that 27000 msrp is all that great for a car that is more or less a dressed up european accord. I didn't say it was BAD. I just don't think it's "oooh-aaah" great.
Most reviewers say the 6-speed shifter sucks, clutch throw is too long, and it's ratios are too close (much due to the under-powered engine, I assume). The auto is pretty good, though.
Which reviews said the shifter sucks? I've only read good things about the shifter. Wait, maybe those reviews you're talking about come from people who own Camaros. You know, guys with mullets and F-bodies are always dead-on when it comes to analyzing Honda's products. :ugh:

I've read all the posts and several articles. I haven't driven it. I'm about as open minded as I think I could be about this car, considering most reviewers give it ~7.5-8.0 out of 10. Not all that impressive. I think it does have some high points (especially the interior), but it also has several low points in what I consider key areas.
Again, which reviews are you talking about? Provide some links to reliable, respected sources or publications! :rant:

I guess if your "key areas" are bad handling, crappy quality, poor styling and interior design, lack of active/passive safety features, and a big, fast V8 (all of which are "key areas" on cars like the TransMaroBird), the TSX is not for you.

For those who want a rather luxurious, safe, sporty, reliable, and economical Japanese-built FWD sedan, the TSX is an excellent choice (IMO).
Old 05-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Originally posted by ILuvItTheJDM
Which reviews said the shifter sucks? I've only read good things about the shifter. Wait, maybe those reviews you're talking about come from people who own Camaros. You know, guys with mullets and F-bodies are always dead-on when it comes to analyzing Honda's products. :ugh:
Again, which reviews are you talking about? Provide some links to reliable, respected sources or publications! :rant:
I guess if your "key areas" are bad handling, crappy quality, poor styling and interior design, lack of active/passive safety features, and a big, fast V8 (all of which are "key areas" on cars like the TransMaroBird), the TSX is not for you.
For those who want a rather luxurious, safe, sporty, reliable, and economical Japanese-built FWD sedan, the TSX is an excellent choice (IMO).
**** off. The TSX is NOT SPORTY or ECONOMICAL. It IS really slow (yes, 15.9 1/4 time is REALLY SLOW), handles poorly (not bad for FWD, but poor compared to competition), and gets ONE MPG BETTER THAN MY 350+ HP 5.7 LITER V8 TANK (pathetic). Those are a couple of my key areas, fag.
As for bashing me and my car, **** off again. My car handles WAAAAY better than anything you are driving, no quality issues, it has airbags, ABS, AND traction control. It also shares transmissions with the viper and corvette. I don't mind the exterior and so ****ing what if my interior is a little outdated looking. Of course, since I have a mullet and an IQ of 70, I probably need some 17 year old ****ing ignorant high school kid to tell me why my car sucks when he has obviously never driven or even been in a car like mine, and only bases his automotive preference on the opinions of other F&F groupie fags. Yeah, I can stereotype, too...cocksucker.
BTW... If you'd like to wake up and visit the ****ing real world, read this article.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=1&preview=
It has a little info on a base camaro ss, which is a bit slower than mine (I have a suspension package that raises skidpad #'s to .92 and slalom to ~64 mph, and optional exhaust that raises power to 335 HP stock) . Look at the lap times and compare to some high-tech non-mullet requiring cars. Then look at the price tags.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:00 PM
AcuraFanatic

7.6 seconds doesn't sound right. I'll wait until I see Car & Driver's test results...there's is bar none the most accurate from what I've seen.

I don't know how 200HP from a 2.4 liter i-VTEC I-4 without forced induction could be classified as "weak as hell."
Old 05-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

If the 200 HP was in a typical japanese 2500 pound car, it wouldn't be. But it a ~3300 pound car, it is.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:07 PM
AcuraFanatic

If the 200 HP was in a typical japanese 2500 pound car, it wouldn't be. But it a ~3300 pound car, it is.
Maybe. I have yet to drive a TSX but will next time I'm at the Acura dealership. I don't see how it could be that slow...while 3300 pounds is no lightweight, the TSX has fairly good torque for the engine size (~160 lb.-ft.) and close gear ratios.
Old 05-10-2003, 03:28 PM
velfarretokyo

After riding in one (co-worker just took delivery last week) I have to say I'm impressed. If you didn't know anything about the car before hand you might not be able to tell it from a small 6-cylinder. Honestly feels just as powerful as my sister's 325ci. Granted its a bit heavy, but I'd say its due to all the luxo-features they've crammed in the car. 0-60 in ~7.0 should be doable with the 6spd.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:09 PM
asianautica

Originally posted by velfarretokyo
After riding in one (co-worker just took delivery last week) I have to say I'm impressed. If you didn't know anything about the car before hand you might not be able to tell it from a small 6-cylinder. Honestly feels just as powerful as my sister's 325ci. Granted its a bit heavy, but I'd say its due to all the luxo-features they've crammed in the car. 0-60 in ~7.0 should be doable with the 6spd.
well, 2.4L is only .1L smaller than the 325 since the 325 is the 2.5L I6. I don't think a 2.5L I4 will be much different than a 2.5L I6 or V6. Therefore, the TSX feels just as powerful as the 325Ci because it is. Similar HP and TQ. TSX is a good car if you prioritize luxury over sport. It's sporty enough, but not in the same level as say the 330 or the G35.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:35 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally posted by asianautica
well, 2.4L is only .1L smaller than the 325 since the 325 is the 2.5L I6. I don't think a 2.5L I4 will be much different than a 2.5L I6 or V6. Therefore, the TSX feels just as powerful as the 325Ci because it is. Similar HP and TQ. TSX is a good car if you prioritize luxury over sport. It's sporty enough, but not in the same level as say the 330 or the G35.
The 325i makes marginally more torque, but at a much lower RPM, therefore the odds are in the favor of the 325i. 6-cylinders will always produce more torque than a 4-cylinder, everything being equal.

The 330i and G35 were not TSX targets. That's 2004 TL league.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:19 PM
asianautica

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
The 325i makes marginally more torque, but at a much lower RPM, therefore the odds are in the favor of the 325i. 6-cylinders will always produce more torque than a 4-cylinder, everything being equal.

The 330i and G35 were not TSX targets. That's 2004 TL league.
The 325Ci has 184 HP and 175 ft-lb of tq. The 2.5L from the SE-R has 175HP and 180ft-lb of tq. I'm pretty sure when you compare 2.5L I4 vs 2.5L I6, they should be pretty similar spec'ed. With the TSX, Honda choose to tune for HP instead of TQ, that's why the result is the way it is.

I know the 330i is not the TSX target, but w/ the TSX price, you can still get the base G35. If you don't care about all the luxury, you can get the roomy interior of the G35 along w/ the V6 and 6MT. That's why I said the TSX is very luxurious for its price and very competitive in that area, but it's no top dog in term of power and handling for the price.