Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura TSX Final Specs and Pictures

Old 01-05-2003, 04:36 PM
rb6teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do those 17" wheels look so small........I wish the car was lower to the ground stock or something......like the IS300

other than that tho......I'm a HUGE fan.....:thumbup: honda
Old 01-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Troopa-R

A comparo:

Side by side, they definately did some pretty serious remodeling of the interior...
Old 01-05-2003, 04:52 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

I love how the center cluster blends even more seamlessly into the dashboard than the Accord. Those gauges are :thumbup: . Sedans don't appeal to me very much, but the TSX really hits a home run in my opinion.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:18 PM
ChrisB

I like the interior of the TSX it has a flow in the design. Still, I love my 03 coupe(EX-V6).
Old 01-05-2003, 05:38 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by Troopa-R

Side by side, they definately did some pretty serious remodeling of the interior...

True, but you can see that a lot of things stayed the same. Tastefully done in both cases.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:06 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The car looks pretty boring. Yeah yeah, it's nicely designed and it's a better version of the euro-spec Accord but my reaction when I see it is just...meh. There's nothing exciting about it. When I look at an IS300 or G35 I see the classic RWD wheelbase with an agressive stance and short front overhang. "This thing is a sports sedan," is the reaction. When I look at the TSX I just think, "oh look, a euro-spec Accord."
Old 01-05-2003, 06:20 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
The car looks pretty boring. Yeah yeah, it's nicely designed and it's a better version of the euro-spec Accord but my reaction when I see it is just...meh. There's nothing exciting about it. When I look at an IS300 or G35 I see the classic RWD wheelbase with an agressive stance and short front overhang. "This thing is a sports sedan," is the reaction. When I look at the TSX I just think, "oh look, a euro-spec Accord."
Leave it to you to piss on our parade :fawk:

I like it. The gauges are my favorite part, they should get some sales by themselves. Good job redoing this, Acura :thumbup:

Query: What is that compartment below the stereo controls? On the Accord, it holds CD's. But it looks different on this.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:00 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
when i see an is300, i think "something someone w/ a civic would want". it's very similar in size to a civic. i6 and rwd are the only positives i can find about this car. its really small inside. i don't think its worth the money.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:09 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Cars with more sporting inclinations tend to sacrifice some interior room. Besides, how often will you have to carry around more than yourself and maybe one passenger?

Although when I think about cars my first thought generally isn't their interior volume...
Old 01-05-2003, 07:13 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

I told Chris this. But my next car was going to be either a TL-S or an IS300 for different reasons. TL-S was a better value and had more room, but the IS300 was a much more fun car to drive. But if I can afford more than $40k, I'll take a 330ci over both of them.

I think maybe this TSX might bump the IS300 off my very possible next car list. I have to test drive it first.