Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

hooking more than 1 lcd

Old 01-14-2003, 07:12 AM
TriniSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooking more than 1 lcd

Is it necessary to have a video amplifier (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3000655854)
to hook up more than one lcd?
Or can i just buy a fre y spliters and split off each video and audio jack?
Old 01-14-2003, 11:48 AM
xivera
insert witty remark here

You could try going about the process (splitting & what-not) w/o using a video amplifier but, that depends on quite a few things. (cable distance from video/audio source, input/output variables, etc.) If you feel you need a better signal going to the other LCD's, then you can pick up a video amplifier.

What exactly are you trying to do!?
Old 01-14-2003, 04:12 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, like he said... it depends... if you're only running 2 monitors, a simple "Y" splitter should be fine... anything more than that should have an amp/splitter.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:47 PM
TriniSpeed

I am planning on running 3 tvs. I am trying to split only the video into 3 different videos. what will happen if I dont use a video amp?
Old 06-16-2003, 07:55 AM
KVZ_Productions

quality will be degraded slightly. may have noise/interfiernce in the signal and if your video source (dvd player/ps2/xbox) has low power video output it will be affected more than a source with a higher voltage output. id just recomend getting the amplifier you can usually pull off 2 displays without one but for 3 id recomend it you can find them on ebay cheap (30-60 dollars) better to put it in while you got everything apart then do it and realize you need the amplifier.

-good luck

-krazymatt