Notices

03 accord mods?!?!

Old 01-13-2003, 02:35 PM
03accord03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 accord mods?!?!

ok someone please reply to my post this time. i really really wanna do some mods to my car, but i dont want to spend very much money. doesnt matter what kind of mods they are. i just want anything including free mods -thanks

i was thinking about this but what do u guys think?

angel eyes
Old 01-13-2003, 02:52 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search, as there have been 2-4 threads on this same topic. Angel eyes might look nice, but I don't think so on that style headlights.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:54 PM
poysonivee

Personally, I think adding angel eyes is a bad idea. I think too many people would just think "bmw wanna-be"... why would you want to look like a bmw anyway? The 03 is HOT! (gee, can you tell that I have one? )

I just put HID's in my car, if you're looking to do a light mod. They look awesome- I definitely recommend them. I think the next thing that I want to do is lower the car- I think it needs it badly. Do you have a v6? I do, and let me tell you, I am drooling at the idea of adding dual tips...:drool:

Rims then, if I can afford them.

You said "cheap"; what does that mean to you? Anything you do is going to cost you to do it right, in my opinion....
Old 01-13-2003, 02:56 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

Default cheap mods for those who did NOT pay for their own car...

take out your resonator (free) and you can drop a k&n filter in if you have about $50.

DIY clear/smoked/colored housing headlights (free. provide your own silicone and blowdryer)

take off your front license plate (free until you get pulled over for it...or in my recent case, until you get a parking ticket and then they give you a ticket for no front plate either)

DIY mesh grill ($5 from home depot)

DIY LED dash conversion ($1.40 to $6 per LED depending if you know where to buy them at. provide your own solder iron, resistors, and skills)

the ever so popular air freshener or broadway convex mirror.

DIY sidemarkers...buy your own.

foglamps ($30 to $600+ depending what kind you want)

tint...not recommended for DIY unless you're good at it.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:56 PM
lilflip
poop

1 free mod could be to take the yellow reflector out ya headlights, thats what i plan on doing once my sylvania bulbs come in, they cost me 50 bucks

i plan on gettin intake, around 200 bucks or so.. gonna install myself or at least try, can find Injen intake at Nopi

also i plan on gettin 2 greddy mufflers or somethin along those lines and 2.25" custom piping , piping i hear is 100-200 bucks, not sure on mufflers yet..call ur muffler shop, ya could get a universal one

you could get tint, and suspension done .. ima be gettin my car lowered either 1.8" f/r or 1.5" f / 1.3" r, thats about 168-224 bucks minus labor.. for that look for springs at Options Auto

um, when body kits come out, ima be gettin one for my car, honda supposedly will have one sometime in feb for the 4dr, and hopefully some aftermarket companies will have some out by then too

could always get the oem spoiler, or 1 of those universal aluminum spoilers (dont fancy them too much but u could get 1)

could get a system ^^, 2 12s, 2 15s, 1 15, whatever hehe

neon lighting... decals/paint :P

not sure what else for now
Old 01-13-2003, 03:01 PM
poysonivee

I agree, take that front plate off first. I took mine off around the corner from the dealership when I left...
Old 01-13-2003, 03:10 PM
lilflip
poop

Default Re: cheap mods for those who did NOT pay for their own car...

Originally posted by JonHsiung
take off your front license plate (free until you get pulled over for it...or in my recent case, until you get a parking ticket and then they give you a ticket for no front plate either)
fix-it ticket? or they charge you $$$?
did they ticket ya for clearin out your headlights too?
Old 01-13-2003, 03:56 PM
03accord03

Default Re: cheap mods for those who did NOT pay for their own car...

Originally posted by JonHsiung

take out your resonator (free) and you can drop a k&n filter in if you have about $50.

DIY clear/smoked/colored housing headlights (free. provide your own silicone and blowdryer)

DIY mesh grill ($5 from home depot)
how would i go about doing these, since i have no experience? they all sound really good and i wanna do it
Old 01-14-2003, 03:35 PM
03accord03

bump
Old 01-14-2003, 03:58 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: cheap mods for those who did NOT pay for their own car...

Originally posted by 03accord03
how would i go about doing these, since i have no experience? they all sound really good and i wanna do it
Well, you're gonna have to wait until others do them for directions unless you want to try and do it yourself.