Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Is this a good deal?

Old 01-11-2003, 07:52 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal?

I went to the local stereo shop that sells Clifford alarms and got a quote for a Concept 200 w/back up siren for $590 installed. Is that a good deal? The alarm is $249, I added a self powered siren for $80, install is $235. They take apart the dash and run the wires for the alarm w/the factory wiring, hide the brain, and hide the siren as well, the self powered siren will be under the hood, the other siren will be in the interior somewhere. Opinions are welcome.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:52 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Default Re: Is this a good deal?

Originally posted by 94uhkord
I went to the local stereo shop that sells Clifford alarms and got a quote for a Concept 200 w/back up siren for $590 installed. Is that a good deal? The alarm is $249, I added a self powered siren for $80, install is $235. They take apart the dash and run the wires for the alarm w/the factory wiring, hide the brain, and hide the siren as well, the self powered siren will be under the hood, the other siren will be in the interior somewhere. Opinions are welcome.
Oh my gawd! Are you serious? 590 for a Concept 200 with a back up siren..installed? No freakin' way. Go somewhere else. My friend bought his Clifford Concept 400 w/ a back up siren for for 540 installed. But this was in SF. I still thought that was pretty expensive too. h:
Old 01-11-2003, 11:26 PM
b00gers

no way. they charging a bit too much....how good of a rep does the shop have? where are they hiding the stuff?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:36 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by WiLL
no way. they charging a bit too much....how good of a rep does the shop have? where are they hiding the stuff?
This is thee shop to go to in Sacramento, they are good. I can also get a Concept 600 for $650 installed. Would that be a better choice? That one has the dual stage proximity sensor which is adjustable via the remote(pretty cool if you ask me), actually, now that I think about it, I'd be better off w/the Concept 600 for $650 installed cause it comes w/everything the 200 has plus the dual zone proxy sensor, remote proxy sensor override, dual zone omni-sensor, automatic window closure, built in lock/unlock relays, nightvision, remote controlled timed headlight activation, and selectable post parking illumination. This one would end up running me around $760 cause I'd add the self powered siren that keeps wailing even if all the wires are cut. I'm gonna double check on clifford's site to make sure that these are things this alarm comes with out of the box cause my clifford brochure says it does. On a lighter note, i've had this brochure for about a year now, I just realized that the car shown in the pics is a 94/95 Accord, like mine, and bordeaux red pearl, like mine
Old 01-12-2003, 09:44 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

you know, all alarms are pretty much equal. If they really want to get into your car, they will. But thats just what I think.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:26 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by SirSmokeAlot
you know, all alarms are pretty much equal. If they really want to get into your car, they will. But thats just what I think.
dude, you need to do some homework on alarms. Not trying to be a smartazz, but you obviously don't know much about em cause believe me, with a properly installed AvantGuard4 alarm in my car, I could leave the brain on the seat with the keys to the car and the only way you'd be able to get it is with a tow truck. Believe that. But yeah, im not expecting an alarm to stop somebody from getting in my car, im just trying to keep my car where I parked it.
*Update*
I found a site that sells the AvantGuard4 alarm for $467
Old 01-12-2003, 11:35 AM
smakdown

Originally posted by 94uhkord
dude, you need to do some homework on alarms. Not trying to be a smartazz, but you obviously don't know much about em cause believe me, with a properly installed AvantGuard4 alarm in my car, I could leave the brain on the seat with the keys to the car and the only way you'd be able to get it is with a tow truck. Believe that. But yeah, im not expecting an alarm to stop somebody from getting in my car, im just trying to keep my car where I parked it.
*Update*
I found a site that sells the AvantGuard4 alarm for $467
I think what he's is trying to say is that if you left your car somewhere out in the open for like a whole day, or lets say you went on vacation. If some "professional" guys wanted to take your car, they will take it. All that car alarm would do is slow them down, alot. If they knew you had it in advance, they could plan away around it before even breaking into your car. No car alarm is theft proof, but your chances of having your car stolen with an alarm are very very slim to none.

Now these new cars like my mom's cr-v that has that key code thing, i don't think theres anyway to crack that, yet.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:37 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by smakdown
I think what he's is trying to say is that if you left your car somewhere out in the open for like a whole day, or lets say you went on vacation. If some "professional" guys wanted to take your car, they will take it. All that car alarm would do is slow them down, alot. If they knew you had it in advance, they could plan away around it before even breaking into your car. No car alarm is theft proof, but your chances of having your car stolen with an alarm are very very slim to none.

Now these new cars like my mom's cr-v that has that key code thing, i don't think theres anyway to crack that, yet.
Of course, if a thief has a day or so to work on and steal ur car, consider it gone. We all know that this will only happen if ur car is out in the middle of nowhere. A thief's biggest enemy is time, that is the key to preventing theft of your car, by having a top of the line alarm(AvantGuard4) and another layer of security(AutoLock). Getting by these things won't be a walk in the park for any thief, they take time and unless the thief has a major boner for ur car, he's just gonna take what's accessible instead of fiddling w/the wiring and crap trying to figure out how he can bypass all the features on ur alarm to get ur car.

Oh yeah, and the key code thing, sorry to burst ur bubble, but a simple 18 guage jumper wire placed in the right spot would bypass that
Old 01-12-2003, 12:42 PM
smakdown

Oh yeah, and the key code thing, sorry to burst ur bubble, but a simple 18 guage jumper wire placed in the right spot would bypass that [/B]
Really? Im talking about the code that your key (with a chip in it) is supposed to give to the starter module for it to start. How can a jumer wire bypass that?
Old 01-12-2003, 12:47 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by smakdown
Really? Im talking about the code that your key (with a chip in it) is supposed to give to the starter module for it to start. How can a jumer wire bypass that?
I'm not gonna get into the specifics, but it has happened. My aunts IROC got stolen and it had that chip in the key thing. It's not something that could be done in a couple minutes, they'd have to invest some time to do it, but it can and has been done