Notices

brake rotors

Old 06-18-2002, 05:38 AM
jcgohan326

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake rotors

does anybody know what advantages cross drilled brake rotors have over stock ones?? Is there better stopping power or brake stiffness?? I want to upgrade my brakes but the brembo brakes are too expensive, looking for an alternative.....any suggestions??

THANKS!!
Old 06-18-2002, 12:38 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Default Re: brake rotors

Originally posted by jcgohan326
does anybody know what advantages cross drilled brake rotors have over stock ones?? Is there better stopping power or brake stiffness?? I want to upgrade my brakes but the brembo brakes are too expensive, looking for an alternative.....any suggestions??

THANKS!!
Just get a set of Axxis metal master pads and you'll be set. The cross drilled rotors are mostly for show. They do, however, help if you do repeated high speed braking.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Default Re: Re: brake rotors

Originally posted by AcuraTL

Just get a set of Axxis metal master pads and you'll be set. The cross drilled rotors are mostly for show. They do, however, help if you do repeated high speed braking.
Any problems with warped rotors Sam??? I already warped mine once with the stock pads and had to have em cut. I like teh Metal Masters, had em on my Accord, and they were great except for an occasional squeal. (do yours?) I figure I may get em anyway and if the rotors warp again, then I'll replace em with crossdrilled or slotted ones if they come out.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:36 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: brake rotors

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

Any problems with warped rotors Sam??? I already warped mine once with the stock pads and had to have em cut. I like teh Metal Masters, had em on my Accord, and they were great except for an occasional squeal. (do yours?) I figure I may get em anyway and if the rotors warp again, then I'll replace em with crossdrilled or slotted ones if they come out.
I guess I am one of the lucky ones that did not get the warped rotor syndrome. I've had my Metal Master pads for a couple of years now, and they are great. They do tend to squeak and low speed braking sometimes and but it does not bother me. I'd rather have improve braking. You should definitely get it, it is pretty cheap and you will definitely be able to tell a difference.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:10 AM
EliteAccord
Banned

Default Re: Re: brake rotors

Originally posted by AcuraTL

The cross drilled rotors are mostly for show. They do, however, help if you do repeated high speed braking.
I read that cross drill rotor can crack easier therefore get slotted. Is Brembo that expensive for the TL?
Old 06-19-2002, 01:10 AM
EliteAccord
Banned

I suggest getting some stainless steel brake lines.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: brake rotors

Originally posted by EliteAccord

I read that cross drill rotor can crack easier therefore get slotted. Is Brembo that expensive for the TL?
The Brembo set that is out for our cars is bigger than stock and only for the front ofteh car costs $5000, and thats parts alone!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 01:41 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: brake rotors

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

The Brembo set that is out for our cars is bigger than stock and only for the front ofteh car costs $5000, and thats parts alone!!!!!!
I believe the Brembo evolution kit for our car is only about $2000 for the front. The labor part is actually not that bad. If you know how to change pads/rotors and bleed brakes, you can do it within a couple of hours.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:34 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

woops I meant $2k, not 5, thats alot of $$$