Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura TSX Final Specs and Pictures

Old 01-03-2003, 10:28 AM
rb6teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope the Type-S comes with the Euro-R wheels and aero kit standard........that would make me :drool:

It always seems that Acura never makes the Type-S cars look any sportier than the base models......
Old 01-03-2003, 10:34 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rb6teg
I hope the Type-S comes with the Euro-R wheels and aero kit standard........that would make me :drool:

It always seems that Acura never makes the Type-S cars look any sportier than the base models......
I agree on both points. I wish Acura made an attempt to differentiate the Type-S models more like BMW does with their M models.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:42 AM
M.D.

One thing is for sure, is looks alot better then the new Accords.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:48 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
It's the equivalent of the Accord 2.4 for the European and JDM market, as has been discussed. The Japanese 2.4 has 200HP, the Euro Accord has 190HP. The Euro-R model, available only in Japan so far, gets the K20A5 (2.0L i-VTEC 220HP) We get different interior styling and probably a Type-S model in the future with more HP. The stereo for the US is way better and I don't think they have VSA.

What exactly is wrong with a rebadged Euro/JDM Accord?

i didnt say there was anything wrong...just curious if we got what everyone else gets....or just another watered down US POS.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:59 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by asiandoood
i didnt say there was anything wrong...just curious if we got what everyone else gets....or just another watered down US POS.
Well put. This time, it's not watered down at all...except we don't see the Euro-R, with its K20A5.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:59 AM
yianni64

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
I agree on both points. I wish Acura made an attempt to differentiate the Type-S models more like BMW does with their M models.
If we wanted to see a wide body kit and such like the M3 has, we'd have to pay a lot more than 3k for the Type S. I get your point, but i rather see the pricing stay reasonable.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:47 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Jeez, thanks alot, Honda. Now you've made me very interrested in three of your cars, when all I can afford is one. I really have some thinking to do now!
Old 01-03-2003, 12:06 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I don't think we'll see a variant of the Euro-R. Dumb American consumers will think, "So with the base model I get a 2.4 liter, and with the Type-S I get a 2.0 liter that feels slower unless I really goose it?"

I like the interior.

In reference to my "only 200 hp" complaint from earlier, those models have some added panache to their nameplates (A4, 325i, etc) and most people still closely associate Acura and Honda. Even if they don't know anything about the mechanicals, people can make all kinds of speculation on what Honda it's the same as.

With the RSX how many people spring for the Type-S? Lots of people want an automatic, or they don't want the higher insurance or they don't want to pay more for the car itself for the Type-S badge when on a test drive the two cars feel identical. Similarly, I see suburbia completely inundated with plain TLs and not very many TL-Ses. But when doing their comparison shopping people still are cogniscent of the higher-performance model which increases their overall opinion of the car.

You guys for the most part seem to be sweating the TSX's jock which I guess is promising; but what about the overall car-buying public?
Old 01-03-2003, 12:22 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
You guys for the most part seem to be sweating the TSX's jock which I guess is promising; but what about the overall car-buying public?
Good stuff Mike...I agree with you about the K20A5, too. American consumers are, for the most part, very stupid. I saw on tv that 40% of people would switch car brand just to get their favorite color...that is the most asinine thing I've EVER heard in my entire life, and why Honda should start giving people more color choices.

But I digress...I think the public will love it, if sales numbers tell the story. You know how huge the entry level luxury car market is...this car will give Acura a good 30k sales a year, and they didn't really even have to spend that much on it. They probably turn profit even if it flops. I think mags will hammer it for being FWD, as usual, but it will excel because it's such a good value and feature laden, as usual. I'd like to hear importation figures and sales expectations from Honda. This is a solid value with tons of features, with an attractive exterior...plus it's got a slick 6 speed and it's relatively sporty. Let's not forget that K24 kicking ass under the hood.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:22 PM
ILuvItTheJDM
VEETEHK

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
I don't think we'll see a variant of the Euro-R. Dumb American consumers will think, "So with the base model I get a 2.4 liter, and with the Type-S I get a 2.0 liter that feels slower unless I really goose it?"

I like the interior.

In reference to my "only 200 hp" complaint from earlier, those models have some added panache to their nameplates (A4, 325i, etc) and most people still closely associate Acura and Honda. Even if they don't know anything about the mechanicals, people can make all kinds of speculation on what Honda it's the same as.

With the RSX how many people spring for the Type-S? Lots of people want an automatic, or they don't want the higher insurance or they don't want to pay more for the car itself for the Type-S badge when on a test drive the two cars feel identical. Similarly, I see suburbia completely inundated with plain TLs and not very many TL-Ses. But when doing their comparison shopping people still are cogniscent of the higher-performance model which increases their overall opinion of the car.

See? You hit the nail on the head. Your explanation is why I want to punch the living crap out of the ignorant (American) automotive consumer. If only they did their research and weren't such morons... :crying: