Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura TSX Final Specs and Pictures

Old 01-02-2003, 08:34 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
200 hp does not bode well. If it were RWD it would be excusable but all you get in a TSX is a slightly smaller (although not by much) and more luxurious Accord. Ya ya it's just the base model but with no higher-hp Type-S model to create a halo effect what's there to bring people into the showrooms?
Keep in mind the low end entry level luxury models (S40, 9-3 Linear, A4 1.8, MB C240, 325i, X-Type 2.5) that the TSX are thrown in direct competion with, most, if not all, are under 200hp and are smaller than the Accord. :squint:
Old 01-02-2003, 09:07 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
200 hp does not bode well. If it were RWD it would be excusable but all you get in a TSX is a slightly smaller (although not by much) and more luxurious Accord. Ya ya it's just the base model but with no higher-hp Type-S model to create a halo effect what's there to bring people into the showrooms?

Tons of people buy Eclipses, mainly on its reputation as a "high performance" car as created by the 15% that were sold as turbos. Same deal with Integras, RSXes and Celicas too really. People think about getting the GSR, Type-S or GT-S and then decide that the higher price, premium gas only and extra insurance costs aren't worth it so they go for a lower-down model. Hell, companies will even try to cash in on halo models that aren't even sold in this market. Witness the Mitsubishi Lancer O.Z. Rally edition and first generation Subaru Impreza 2.5RS.

The TSX and Accord are just too similar in price point and overall feel that there needs to be something to distinguish the TSX aside from an 'A' badge and a perceived increase in sportiness.
As for the Type S thing, good point, but not really. Upgrading to a Type S is so cheap, another 2-3k doesnt sound that bad when you considering what you get.

As for the TSX vs. Accord, it'd say its like Passat vs A4. They (especially before A4 get redone) shared a lot, yet managed to be different.

I hope we see an AWD option in the upcoming Acura's. The techonology is there, it just needs to be implamented.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:35 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

I'm starting to like it a lot now.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:03 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

this would most definitely be a very plausible replacement for the Civic a couple years down the road...hmmmm...TSX Type S (hope it comes soon after) or RX-8 (smaller yet light and powerful)...now if only honda sold a real wagon again...that'd be great to get a Tsx Type S wagon since Europe and Japan have Accord wagons

anyway...the TL debuts this coming autumn...Honda has almost always done something major to the TL a year after the Accord gets a major update
Old 01-03-2003, 05:13 AM
ILuvItTheJDM
VEETEHK

Originally posted by jaje
this would most definitely be a very plausible replacement for the Civic a couple years down the road...hmmmm...TSX Type S (hope it comes soon after) or RX-8 (smaller yet light and powerful)...now if only honda sold a real wagon again...that'd be great to get a Tsx Type S wagon since Europe and Japan have Accord wagons

anyway...the TL debuts this coming autumn...Honda has almost always done something major to the TL a year after the Accord gets a major update
No doubt. A TSX Type-S wagon would rock my boat.

I think a Type-S would have to be released soon after the "regular" TSX comes out. I also thing that the base TSX will have to start at around $24K and the Type-S starting at no more than $27K.

I really like the looks of this thing...But what the hell is "Sequential Sportshift Automatic Transmission"??? Is it a real sequential or not?
Old 01-03-2003, 06:06 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ILuvItTheJDM
I really like the looks of this thing...But what the hell is "Sequential Sportshift Automatic Transmission"??? Is it a real sequential or not?
No, it's the same thing that's in the Acura CL and TL. That's just Honda's name for it. Real sequentials are for the raw sports cars.

Not sure I like the blacked out headlights too much. But I think they'll be popular.

Look at the interior shot...RSX-cum-Accord gauges, new style steering wheel, 6 speed transmission, and new center stack design will probably set this apart from the Accord enough. I like the Accord's center stack look better, but I'd rather have a different one in the TSX. Plus it looks absolutely nothing like the Accord, and 98% of people will know nothing about the Euro/JDM model.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:20 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want more? We got more.

Old 01-03-2003, 06:24 AM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
You want more? We got more.

I really like the TSX's middle center stack over the Accord's tri-knob design.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:07 AM
yianni64

This car turned out to be awesome. It's got a great looking exterior, an interior that looks just as good if not better than Audi's, very nice base powerplant (200hp K24, just like i said) and all the standard features you could want for thousands less than the other guys. 360watt standard sounds system? thats ****ing awesome.

seriously, this thing is in a class of its own. Most likely the best value out there.

Here's what I want to know. 6-speed have a LSD? or will that be saved for the type s?

I love the TSX.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:30 AM
nando11211

Im in love. :drool:

Acura TSX = :bigok: