Notices

92 legend overheating

Old 01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
slaggard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 legend overheating

i changed the head gaskets,radiator,hoses 4yrs ago. lately, it started to overheat so i changed the thermostat. the gauge does not rise while idling, only after maybe 30 minutes of driving. soon after changing the thermostat(on same day) the heater valve hose bursted. after replacing it, another hose at the front(bottom left) bursted.
i have noticed the coolant overflow fills up with coolant after the gauge rises then later sips out.
both fans are working. the mechanic actually dedicated the ac fan fulltime, to see whether that will help.
on freeway speeds the engine does not overheat, only slow/city driving.
i love this car but i dont wanna spend too much. 4yrs of good service.
any pointers what could be up ? the mech is trying all this troubleshooting but its getting expensive.

Last edited by slaggard; 01-05-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:11 AM
L3GKANG
Prezz of ACURA-HOLIKS

did you bleed the air out of the system? if not do that then make sure you have the correct t stat our will have a relif valve
Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 AM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if bleeding it doesn't fix it I would suspect a blown headgasket again. The problem on these cars is once you get them hot the motors are done and repaceing the headgeasket will patch the problem....
Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 PM
slaggard

i think the head gasket is done. the engine oil looks milky, and i can hear the engine spattering.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:40 AM
legendary79
brand noob acura dude

Default possible...

did you check the water pump....i recently traded my 2000 maxima for a 4dr 92 legend sedan ls and i found that after changing the entire coolant system and head gasket that the car started to overheat slightly ,sooooo long story short the water pump went and then began leaking.....id suggest also looking into that
Old 02-03-2009, 05:36 AM
L3GKANG
Prezz of ACURA-HOLIKS

Originally Posted by stereo
if bleeding it doesn't fix it I would suspect a blown headgasket again. The problem on these cars is once you get them hot the motors are done and repaceing the headgeasket will patch the problem....
well what head gasket you used? if you got the cheap 1's off ebay then thats your problem the best would be oem acura 1's then felpro i wouldnt use anything else. ive replaced mine about 4 years ago and no problems yet and i own 5 legends right now!