Notices

Which should I buy?

Old 12-30-2002, 08:16 AM
hildaq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which should I buy?

1) Not a big fan of racing cars,
2) but like to go into the hills on the winding roads at least twice a month. (It only rains about 50 days a year, and would not be very active then.)
3) Hope the new car holds value.

Should I buy Type S or the regular model?

1) Exterior color: like black but am afraid of too much maintanence. Will that look older than a white one soon?

2) Exterior color: Like black to go with black or white with parchment. Am afraid parchment would be dirty and difficult to keep clean.

3) How much hotter would you feel on the black leather seats in summer than the parchment colored ones?

Should I buy a black-black or white-white?

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:19 AM
buicknet

a white type s they look so good
Old 01-12-2003, 10:32 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

opt for the Type-S... they not only got more HP out of it, the suspension, tires & wheels are all more adapted for sportier driving. It is also available with a 6-speed manual tranny.

A parchment interior will definatly be harder to keep clean... and from my experience, black will definatly show scratches, more so than the white... but to me, black looks the best when its all clean and waxed nicely.

The color is your preference...
Old 01-12-2003, 10:55 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which should I buy?

Originally posted by hildaq
1) Not a big fan of racing cars,
2) but like to go into the hills on the winding roads at least twice a month. (It only rains about 50 days a year, and would not be very active then.)
3) Hope the new car holds value.

Should I buy Type S or the regular model?

1) Exterior color: like black but am afraid of too much maintanence. Will that look older than a white one soon?

2) Exterior color: Like black to go with black or white with parchment. Am afraid parchment would be dirty and difficult to keep clean.

3) How much hotter would you feel on the black leather seats in summer than the parchment colored ones?

Should I buy a black-black or white-white?

Thanks a lot!
I would get the Type-S. You're getting 35 more horsepower for about $1500...that's a pretty good deal. Plus with the Type-S you get the wonderful 6 speed model and better handling than the base model

Black is a good color for any car, as it always looks clean, but it ca show scratches easy. Colors on new cars don't really age like colors on old cars do, so that's a null issue. Parchment leather might get dirty if you have kids, or if you're not neat. Type-S models come with perforated leather, which keeps the leather cooler than normal leather. So black leather wouldn't get much hottery than tan.

Basically, it's a personal preference...whatever coloe combination you like better.

Chris
Old 01-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Tom T

Definitely "S"... good bang for the buck in my view. Also, I recommend you stick to lighter colers inside... black interior is remarkably hotter in warm/hot weather; it's amazing.
Good luck w/your choice!