Notices

replacing front bumper 2005 accord lx

Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
spotfin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing front bumper 2005 accord lx

Does anyone know how easy it is to take off and put on new bumper on my 2005, 4 door, LX, 4 cyl accord sedan? I saw on websites one can buy a new bumper, but looks like I can't order one with specific color of my car, and they are only primed. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering if I can have a local auto body shop paint the bumper to match my car, and then I can put it back on. However, I don't know how to take off my existing bumper. Some of the bumpers don't have all the cut outs for my lights. Can I cut them out my self?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 03:21 PM
jH4nd
Honda Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well what do you mean they dont have the cut outs for your lights? do you have added lights? a body kit? or do you want a body kit? i dont suggest painting your bumper to match but repainting the entire thing. it will most likely be off-color from the rest of your car. it may not be that big of a difference though, i dont know with the front bumper how easily it would be to tell. one side of my car has been repainted and you cant tell. post up some pics of ur bumper if u can