Notices

alternator in a 89 honda accord

Old 12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
RedsoxFan71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alternator in a 89 honda accord

Ok here's the problem the battery light keeps coming on...so i pulled the postive cable off the battery and the car died. So i know the alternator is no good....but listen to this for some reason I hit the alternator with a hammer while the car is running and the battery light will go off and I can drive fir hours!!!! The problem I'm having now is that I have no clue how to get this thing out. The car is fuel injected. Please someone tell me the easiest way to get this thing out. I have no clue!!!! my e-mail is cream71@comcast.net if you can really explain it to me.. I only can get online at the library so I dont know if i can get this website on my phone or not...I can get my e-mail on my phone thanks alot...any info will help I really appreciate it!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
RedsoxFan71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so yeah I fixed it over the weekend and all the bullshit about taking the cv axle to drop it.........lmfao rotf.......who ever did all the work is a idiot!!!!!! cant express that enough.....Well this is what we did ...pulled the air filter box off and it came right up that way with ease....no problems up and running in no time...... so who ever said you gotta take the axle out is fucking retard!!!!!!!!!! just thought I'd let ya'll know what happen Peace to my Honda drivers....Merry X-mas peeps!!!!

Last edited by RedsoxFan71; 12-08-2008 at 11:33 AM.