Notices

God damn this forum is slow

Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God damn this forum is slow

We need to work to make it a real community in here, sans stupidity.

That being said, I've wondered: Is there a way to give my car rear disc brakes without fucking with the VSA system too much? Or am I locked with drums forever? Can the VSA system be programmed to adjust for disc brakes, or will it act on preset values from the factory that can't be changed?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Im not sure about the Japanese counterparts....but they may have a version with rear disc brakes. Maybe look into that? I know our version of the FIT is the RS version in Japan, which isnt the top of the line.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC some website had a group of guys setting up a rear disc build... I think the final say was a bracket from the UK Fit Sport with discs and then the brake assembly from a B-generation civic or teg with custom lines
Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 PM
DakarM

I would say it depends on how VSA works. is the braking portion just that, braking the correct wheel to bring control back or is there more to it than that?
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by DakarM
I would say it depends on how VSA works. is the braking portion just that, braking the correct wheel to bring control back or is there more to it than that?
That's the million dollar question. I'll let someone infinitely more stupid than me (or some JDM guy) to figure it out for me, then steal their work h:

I want something street-friendly but allows me the predictability and ease of maintenance of disc brakes while keeping the VSA (That cost me altogether too much to add on to my car )

Originally Posted by asiandoood
Im not sure about the Japanese counterparts....but they may have a version with rear disc brakes. Maybe look into that? I know our version of the FIT is the RS version in Japan, which isnt the top of the line.
I checked out the JDM website. Too much moonspeak, but it was enough to know that the japanese get an AWD version of the fit (nofair)
Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally Posted by Epoch

I checked out the JDM website. Too much moonspeak, but it was enough to know that the japanese get an AWD version of the fit (nofair)

they also get a glass top version
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 PM
solbrothers

other than the aesthetics, there really isnt a reason to go rear disc. even the spoon fit has drums