Notices

OEM seat belt tensioner

Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
krzysiek033

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM seat belt tensioner

I recently bought 2001 Accord. There is a SRS light on. Driver's seat belt is jammed so I assume that it was deployed and need to be changed. SRS light shows code 10-1. Does anyone know where can I get OEM Seat belt tensioner? I mean, somewhere else then dealer.Or they can be fixed somehow.

Last edited by krzysiek033; 11-29-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 AM
500$accord

SRS is the Safety (or Supplemental) Restraint System or your air bags. this light staying on after the car is started indicates a fault somewhere in the sensors, airbag unit or wiring. I guess it could also be a system that had previously deployed an air bag and it was not restored. I don't know much at all about the air bag system other than in my 96 most of the wires are yellow. They are yellow for a reason. Proceed with caution as you could deploy an airbag if you mess with this system while it has power. That is expensive and possibly dangerous if you are in the wrong place at that time.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:54 AM
500$accord

I replied a little too fast on your post. I didn't see the code you listed, which other threads have shown is an ECU fault or an air bag deployed. Here is a link that talks about resetting the code.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1622469

I would think you could find replacement parts for your car at a junkyard at a significant savings. Hopefully someone will post the level of difficulty involved in changing an air bag.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:45 PM
krzysiek033

bump
Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 PM
keng

Honda's have lifetime warranty on seat belts - take it to the dealer and have it fix.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

code 10-1 is airbags have deployed and the SRS computer needs to be replaced...the locked seatbelt is from the pretensioner so the belt needs to be replaced. Did the person you buy the car tell you it was in a accident? as I would guess both front airbags might have blow and replaced or the bags cut and the cover glued back in place...
Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 AM
rickswa

Originally Posted by keng
Honda's have lifetime warranty on seat belts - take it to the dealer and have it fix.

Well, yes and no. I had the SRS in my '02 EX-V6 Accord light on for months now and finally got annoyed with looking at it. Took it to my dealership and paid the $90 ante for them to look at it. got a 9-3 code "Left front seat belt tensioner faulty". They want $200 to fix it. I reminded them about the lifetime seat belt warranty and they pointed out that it is a LIMITED warranty and that this part is not covered. I went home and called Honda America and she said that certain errors of the SRS system are covered by the extended warranty but the seat belt tensioner is not one of them. Also, she told me that the part is not part of the seat belt warranty and that "a lot of people are confused by this." Well no sh#$. It seems like a known problem and it just happens to be a part not under the warranty. nice. But there was also a thread posted from a 2000 Accord owner who did get it fixed free so I guess it's just a matter of getting lucky at the dealership. I however, get to pay $200 to fix a known issue.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Camco

After resetting the SRS light for months until I had some money when I took it back to Honda they covered it under warranty (No Charge).

It was a seatbelt sensor that went bad. I hope this helps.