Notices

96 Accord Ex Metallic Pop Noise

Old 11-24-2008, 05:35 AM
500$accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Accord Ex Metallic Pop Noise

Hi,

I recently noticed a hollow metallic sounding popping noise that occurs very infrequently. I first noticed it after the engine was shut off and I was getting out of the car. I assumed it must be something related to the suspension, but I am not really sure.

96 EX w/160K miles, AT

I have noticed it when I am backing up and then going forward, but it doesn't happen reliably. I have ignored up until now. It is hard to explain what the noise sounds like, but I could picture some thin metallic button popping... almost like a thin metal ping pong ball dropping once (only happens once). Any ideas?

I will do some more troubleshooting and actually try to isolate the noise, so I should be able to eventually find it. Was looking for some help for a staring point.

Thanks

sorry... forgot to say that it is definitely coming from the front end. I have heard it getting out of the car, and it sounds like it is coming from behind the driver's side wheel.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definitely check the entire suspension in front.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:08 AM
500$accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any thoughts on the cause of the noise. It doesn't really happen on rough surfaces, but I have to admit that it might be hard to hear with lots of road noise