Notices

Accord 99 4 cyl Resonator box loose?

Old 11-23-2008, 12:35 PM
trunksalan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord 99 4 cyl Resonator box loose?

I changed out my intake to a AEM short ram intake, so I just removed the stock intake tubing and filter box but I left the resonator chamber. After removing the filter box though, the resonator chamber is loose. Is this normal?

It might have also gotten loose from when I removed the bumper to change out my headlight housing, does the chamber mount onto the bumper or any part of the headlight housing?

Please help!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

I don't believe it mounts to the bumper or headlight housing. If it mounts to anything other than the intake tube, it would be the frame. I'm not familiar with that particular design, but I'm confident it isn't going to hurt anything leaving it as is. Unless you plan on going back to the stock intake at some point, most people remove the resonator as well when they install a SRI or CAI(often requires it)
Old 12-07-2008, 05:01 AM
00exAccord
Former Dsmer

i would take it out the best way to get to it is pull the pass fender lining down and take out the 2 bolt that hold it in
Old 12-13-2008, 11:39 PM
PjkF
Accord Tuner

Take it out. With that area open you are gonna get more air flow to your newly installed intake.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember that your car will perform way better with the stock intake unless you are installing headers+muffler or a turbo. There is a reason why the stock intake cost $500 more than any aftermark.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:01 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trunksalan
I changed out my intake to a AEM short ram intake, so I just removed the stock intake tubing and filter box but I left the resonator chamber. After removing the filter box though, the resonator chamber is loose. Is this normal?

It might have also gotten loose from when I removed the bumper to change out my headlight housing, does the chamber mount onto the bumper or any part of the headlight housing?

Please help!
The resonator is connected to the stock tubing and it's also clip by the splash shield.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 PM
trunksalan

Originally Posted by strykernyc
Just remember that your car will perform way better with the stock intake unless you are installing headers+muffler or a turbo. There is a reason why the stock intake cost $500 more than any aftermark.
That might be true. I took a 5 hour drive. (from bay area to la, a usual trip i take). When I hit the 4 hour mark, it was time to climb some steep roads. The VTEC took a while to kick in, although i wasn't flooring it all the way. Even when it kicked in, it felt underpowered. As before the vtec kicked in pretty easily and i was able to climb the roads nicely...

I'll have another chance to try this out soon when I drive down to la for christmas. I might just change it back out and sell off the aem intake.