Notices

Transmission problems again !

Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Hondaex6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problems again !

Here we go again. I'm new to the board and will like some advice concerning this car/problem. Changed trans filter/clutch kit in June 06, now my tranny has a slight slip when shifting to second gear. Can this problem be any of the solenoids or does it need another filter/clutch kit change again. Any advice will be helpfull. My car is a 98 accord ex.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Hondaex6

Originally Posted by Hondaex6
Here we go again. I'm new to the board and will like some advice concerning this car/problem. Changed trans filter/clutch kit in June 06, now my tranny has a slight slip when shifting to second gear. Can this problem be any of the solenoids or does it need another filter/clutch kit change again. Any advice will be helpfull. My car is a 98 accord ex.
Oh I forgot, it's an automatic.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:07 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V6?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Hondaex6

Originally Posted by strykernyc
V6?
yes v6 coupe
Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Hondaex6

Today I removed all three solenoids and tested them... solenoids are ok. I will be getting an obd2 scanner from friend to check for any hidden codes.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
losiglow

The 6th gen accords trannys, especially the V6, have all sorts of problems. You can dink around with it, try to diagnose it, fix it, even replace it, and you'll have the same problems again and again. Take my advice, and the advice that follows every thread just like this where someone is complaining about the transmission in their 6th gen: sell it and get something else.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by losiglow
The 6th gen accords trannys, especially the V6, have all sorts of problems. You can dink around with it, try to diagnose it, fix it, even replace it, and you'll have the same problems again and again. Take my advice, and the advice that follows every thread just like this where someone is complaining about the transmission in their 6th gen: sell it and get something else.
ouch but true
Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Hondaex6

I agree with you losiglow, but for the mean time I'll have to fix it first before I sell it. The car is clean/nice, but lets face it, will get more money without this problem. Besides, the cost to fix is far less than the value of the car.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:53 AM
losiglow

Originally Posted by Spec R
ouch but true
Yeah, I know. If I were given that advice in a thread I'd be thinking "Oh great, thanks for nothing". Funny thing is, if he takes my advice, it will likely be the best advice concerning this car he'll ever take. It's sad that Honda dropped the ball so bad with the 6th gen transmissions . Other than that, the 6th gen is an awesome car.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Line7
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Hondaex6
I agree with you losiglow, but for the mean time I'll have to fix it first before I sell it. The car is clean/nice, but lets face it, will get more money without this problem. Besides, the cost to fix is far less than the value of the car.
I would sell it before that slight 2nd gear slip becomes a "my transmission wont shift at all!" Trust me, you'll be surprised at the amount of people that buy cars without even test driving them.

Last edited by Line7; 11-19-2008 at 10:44 AM.