Notices

Cruise Control Not Cruising

Old 11-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Fudbutter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Not Cruising

C/C has been broken for quite some time on the 'ole grey ghost, a '99 LX. Quite an incovenience. Earned me my first ever legitimate speeding ticket. It seems that the unit sets (the light comes on) but cannot control the engine (you take your foot off the gas and zippo happens). This is obvioulsy due to the disconnection of one of the two wires that connect the do-hickey in the front of the engine bay to the do-hickey back by the firewall. The disconnect is back by the firewall. It seems that there is a flimsy plastic connector at the end of the wire that simply broke off.

My guess is that the unit is shot and I need a replacement, but at what cost? Is it worth it at 140,000 oil leaking miles?

Any similar experiences? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 AM
500$accord

Default check out cost to replace part

My cruise control on my 96 is still working, but I did crack the control cable end while doing a tune up. The plastic was very brittle. I was going to use gorilla glue to fix, but I checked out a site that is a Honda dealer selling honda parts and a replacment cable was only $20. Check out bernardiparts.com. You might find replacing the part is not that expensive. and a dealer is probably the only place to get those parts. good luck.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Fudbutter

Originally Posted by 500
My cruise control on my 96 is still working, but I did crack the control cable end while doing a tune up. The plastic was very brittle. I was going to use gorilla glue to fix, but I checked out a site that is a Honda dealer selling honda parts and a replacment cable was only $20. Check out bernardiparts.com. You might find replacing the part is not that expensive. and a dealer is probably the only place to get those parts. good luck.
Now THAT'S a good tip. I'll give it a try