Notices

steering wheel stained

Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering wheel stained

so i had a steering wheel cover because in arizona is gets hot in a car and to touch that wheel...mine as well put my hand on a stove. So i looked under the cover yesterday, it turned my wheel yellow, wtf is with that crap, any way of cleaning it up, interior is tan by the way, gotta love the gs
Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Spec R

Try warm water first. using dishwashing soap and other harsh detergents will dry out the plastic and vinyl and make the situation worse. goo gone does wonders too, but up to a certain point before you start damaging your steering wheel.

post a pic of said yellowing
Old 10-28-2008, 06:48 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Khazzy
so i had a steering wheel cover because in arizona is gets hot in a car and to touch that wheel...mine as well put my hand on a stove. So i looked under the cover yesterday, it turned my wheel yellow, wtf is with that crap, any way of cleaning it up, interior is tan by the way, gotta love the gs
If you decide you want to replace the steering wheel let me know. I have a tan steering too and swapped for a black one some yrs. back. It is still in really good shape minus the airbag. It is an easy swap and the SRS light is not hard to reset.

Let me know. I am open to your offer if you decide to make one.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Originally Posted by ADRONICUS
If you decide you want to replace the steering wheel let me know. I have a tan steering too and swapped for a black one some yrs. back. It is still in really good shape minus the airbag. It is an easy swap and the SRS light is not hard to reset.

Let me know. I am open to your offer if you decide to make one.
ill see what it comes to gona play around with it, im not to worried about it really because i do use a steering wheel cover due to where i live, but knowing my wheel looks that way, mmm nasty, i will post a pic lata