Notices

Brake Calipers

Old 12-15-2002, 11:22 AM
Dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Calipers

Hi, I am new to this board. I recently had my brake pads replaced at Midas and they told me that I needed new calipers because they were "binding". I asked if they could just be fixed up but the mechanic said they could not. My 96 Acura 3.2TL has about 90K miles. Can anyone tell me what the expected life of brake capilers are? They quoted me $114 parts and $220 labor just for the one calipers that needed replacing. Does this sound reasonable?

Should I have them replaced or am I getting taken for a ride? Thanks for your time!

Dan

Old 01-02-2003, 06:21 AM
daviid

Location: Concord, NC ( Originally Berlin, CT & Southington, CT )
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake Calipers

Originally posted by Dan
Hi, I am new to this board. I recently had my brake pads replaced at Midas and they told me that I needed new calipers because they were "binding". I asked if they could just be fixed up but the mechanic said they could not. My 96 Acura 3.2TL has about 90K miles. Can anyone tell me what the expected life of brake capilers are? They quoted me $114 parts and $220 labor just for the one calipers that needed replacing. Does this sound reasonable?

Should I have them replaced or am I getting taken for a ride? Thanks for your time!

Dan

r u sure the 220$ isnt including the cost of the caliper. if not then your getting ripped off big time. its very easy to replace yourself anyways. just some basic hand tools